What is the biggest build you ever did?

Started by Brian Marshall, November 13, 2004, 03:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Marshall

Mine was a PT80....

I'm currently working on an AX84 P1 though... it is a mess.  i hope i dont kill my self.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

I have never done a "large" build... because I build the separte sections & test each of them as I go along.
Because, you need a power supply before anything else.. so that is the 1st little bit.
And you need the preamp (if any) so that is the 2nd little bit.
And the LFO (if any) etc.
You get the picture!!

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Zero the hero

I think the Maestro Ringmod, and the Super Octaver (Mark Hammer's site)

vdm

wow that guitar synth out does me by a mile...

i've only done a P45.... or an umble and siliface on one board.

i just finished my last year of highschool on friday... so now i have over 3 months before uni starts... so the maestro sample and hold, blue magic, and big cheese are all on their way.... and hopefully i'll find some kind of rig im happy with, to make my multi effects box.....

anywho... i guess i'm going off topic eh..

trent

Stu

Tried to do something similar to i think it was stellan (swedish guy, had lots of carlin stuff), i can't remember the site, 15 effects on an old soundboard, so far got 5 effects done, delay, phaser, dist+, wah, compressor and i've just finished uni for the year so i got 4 months of holidays with a bit of luck i'll have it finished by then. Also looking to do a P1 soon.

Stu

axr

2- 4ms phaseur fleur and tremulus lune in onebox

mbello

ax84 p1 and fender tweed deluxe 5e3. Now i'm working in a AC30  8)
You wanted the best, you got the best!

moogatroid2000

Not really the biggest but it has the most knobs is my. just finished last night, Tremulus Lune with Main LFO, a second series LFO and a modulating LFO. Thirteen knobs, one rotary switch, three stomps.
I'd agree with Paul Perry. I have been learning to take my time with builds and to test everything as I go. At the very least I never box something up before it has been tested hooked up to my breadboard and tweked for pot tapers and all kinda of jazz. It seems to take a lot longer to complete a build but I don't have hours of debugging and pulling it out, back in, etc.
Got some smaller builds first but a Triwave is on the horizon.  :twisted:
live and learn.

RedHouse

A video sync generator to bootleg scrambled cable channels.
(t'was a long time ago, back in the 80's)

Lots'a challenges because of the video frequencies involved ...but it worked!... until they changed the local cable system to the addressable digital boxes in the 90's.

(I have no moral issues, the signal was fed into my house, I just figured out how to view it)

Second biggest was building a JCM800 2204, again back in the 80's,  from scratch and used parts, built it into an old Fender chassis and used the extra knob holes for switches. I loved it but my band mates were always kidding me and calling it a boat anchor, I used it to gig and just set it behind my real JCM800 and plugged it into the 1960A cabinet in the stack.
(before the internet, and amp/effects forums were around)

Dirk_Hendrik

The pedal in this topic:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=24489&highlight=tubeoverdrive

I'm currently diong the last soldering prior to prototype testing for a twin channel (rhythm and drive channel) version of the same project. Give me a week or 2.
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

thumposaurus

PAIA Theremax, I had gotten the most basic kit, and built my own case, control panel and antennas.
Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

StephenGiles

Hi mbello, hows things in Argentina at the moment? How many Pesos to the US$? We may visit your city next year for a swim!
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

troubledtom

the omegawave 25 knobs and switches, crazy :twisted:
   $666.00 bucks for that baby.
         peace,
              - tt

birt

Quote from: Dirk_HendrikThe pedal in this topic:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=24489&highlight=tubeoverdrive

I'm currently diong the last soldering prior to prototype testing for a twin channel (rhythm and drive channel) version of the same project. Give me a week or 2.

i still haven't heard any soundclips :twisted:
http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: RedHouseA video sync generator to bootleg scrambled cable channels.
RedHouse, I bet you learnt more good stuff & enjoyed yourself more BUILDING the descrambler, than you did USING it :P

brett

A solid state amp with various gizmos in it.  I designed the pre-amp myself (Marshall tonestack), and included a selectable easydrive and rebote, among some other effects.  The amp was an honest 200W with a 360W supply.  Unfortunately, it's kinda soul-less, and I don't use it, or the 500W  :shock: speaker I bought for it.  
Oh yeah, one of the best things was designing a driver for a series of LEDs to indicate how much power the thing was pushing.  There was so much current flowing in the beast that I could never filter an LM3915 (LED bar driver chip) well enough to use it (it would flash LEDs randomly), so I built a simple transistor-driven circuit.
cheers
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

melkaone

Quote from: StephenGilesEH guitar synth on stripboard.
Stephen

are you crazy? :D

puretube

my first scope;
analog 16 instruments drum machine plus rhythm-matrix plus hardware step-sequencer plus 12 drumpads hardware with env.-foll. (own design);
analog monophonic synth ("Elektor Formant");
16 channel vocoder with linear phase-response filters (own design);
...;
...;
...;

freebird1127

the custom guitar head I'm working on now is the biggest for me... SolidState 300W with 5 control preamp channel (high mid low gain master) and 5 control tube screamer channel (input sensitivity, drive, bite, tone, level).  almost done!
Evan Haklar
What's the difference between incompetence and indifference?  I don't know and I don't care!