Rebote2 Delay

Started by Ricardo, November 13, 2004, 07:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricardo

Hi. all. Ive just built the Rebote2 Delay from Tonepad and it was working fine at first but then something went wrong with the "Repeat" control - I can't get multiple repeats anymore. It repeats once but that's all. I've put new pots on and double-checked all my connections and they're ok. The other controls work ok. Any help would be much appreciated - I'd hate to have to dump it now! Ta, Ricardo.

Stu

I'm not at home now but tomorrow i'll post some values off my Rebote 2 so that could possibly aid in debugging, obviously sounds like the feedback resistor is not connecting.

A cool mod you might like to do as well is to lower the 15k resistor that can be lowered to 10k for endless repeats to something even lower than 10k, i used a trimpot and got it repeating stacks without the woofy bassy feedback, it sounds pretty cool i reckon anyway.

Stu

Ricardo

Thanks Stu, I'll look forward to that.  

:D

Stu

I measured all the pins on the righthand side of the chip, all of them are at 2.49V's as expected, since your only getting one repeat the path between the wiper of the repeats pot isn't connecting back to the effective input to the chip.

So test each component in this path. Cap could have possibly gone o/c so check it out, and make sure it's the right way round.

The other possibility would be the connection between the delayed signal and the repeats pot is dodgy.

Hopefully this helps.

It's a bit difficult to get more measurements as it's all boxed up, oh yeah and you could try an audio probe on the feedback line, see where it cuts out.

Stu

Ricardo

Thanks mate, I'll give that a go.