Boss TU-2 / CS-2 Mod

Started by JasonG, November 13, 2004, 08:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonG

Hey guys I wanted to know if it would be a good Idea to mod the switching circuit on a Boss TU-2. Like most people on the forum I like Boss pedals but hate some things about boss' switching circuit. One reason I am asking is because I am not sure if the impedance of the buffer effects the tuning circuit.

I just finished modding my Boss ds-1 using the mods on the fuzz central site and it sounds a lot better. On the fuzz central mod they recommended adding a larger resistor in the switching circuit to improve it. It seemed to help.

Another question I have is. Does it matter if you mod the switching circuit if you have a chain of boss pedals some with the mod and some without. Will the unmoded pedals " bog down" the moded ones.

The last question I have is does any one know what resistor needs to be changed in a TU-2 and a CS-2 to improve the switching circuit? If not do you know a place I can find out which one it is or where I can how to find the right resistor?

I am a newbie and appreciate any help. Thank You!
Class A booster , Dod 250 , Jfet booster, Optical Tremolo, Little Gem 2,  mosfet boost, Super fuzz , ESP stand alone spring reverb red Llama omni-drive , splitter blender ,

NEVER use gorilla glue for guitar repairs! It's Titebond , Elmers, or Superglue