Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Marshall

just kidding i love pedals, but i finished my P1

Jim Jones

Hey Brian,

Looks good - how do you like it?  

Jim

Brian Marshall

its good... after some inital problems with the output transformer wiring making the preamp oscillate it sounds great.  I havent gotten to really crank it yet though.

Stu

I'm in the process of acquiring parts to make a P1, could you take some photos of the wiring? if it's not too much trouble.

Cheers,
Stu

Brian Marshall

pictures of my wiring wont help you.... it is a rats next in there... all i can say is draw it out before you build

jrc4558

He he, welcome to the club!
It's nice to see you using Hammond chassis too!

Brian Marshall

hammond is waht it came with... i have a smaller enclosure for my next project... When i get arround to it.

ODwan

Remember when laying out tube circuits: these are high Z thingies and tend to have parasitic capitances which can lead to oscillation and/or decreased bandwidth. Space between components reduces these problems. It also helps if you want to add mods!
So, do an airy layout!!!
play loud

Brian Marshall

Quote from: ODwanRemember when laying out tube circuits: these are high Z thingies and tend to have parasitic capitances which can lead to oscillation and/or decreased bandwidth. Space between components reduces these problems. It also helps if you want to add mods!
So, do an airy layout!!!

yeah, i definitely have room... its just all far away from everything.  I think i am going to modify the tone stack for sure... to more of a fender style.