VOX Treble booster info

Started by Kilby, November 15, 2004, 06:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilby

Hi Folks,

Normally I wouldn't ask this question but here goes,

I'm looking for a schem for this vox treble booster, all the schems seem to be part of the AC30 TB circuit ot seemingly different models.

Heres the link why;

http://www.rickbeat.com/modelslibrary/37012byrd8mh/37012byrd8mh.htm

Heres the link to the model of Treble Booster;

http://www.voxshowroom.com/us/misc/treb_boost.html

The ftp links fon't work for me in work or at home :(

Regards,

Rob...[/url]

petemoore

Interesting VOX Pics...if they were to show me a picture of their own head, it would show what looks like it might be just the very tip of their nose, two whiskers a small bit of neck and a plaid looking area that could be a collar? These guys should have hired a new camera man decades ago...You have to look hard just to see what the picture contexts, Control Panel looks part of like a couple knobs on tolex. Whoever edited that online brochure likes zoom.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

petemoore

Quote from: KilbyHi Folks,

Normally I wouldn't ask this question but here goes,

I'm looking for a schem for this vox treble booster, all the schems seem to be part of the AC30 TB circuit ot seemingly different models.

Heres the link why;

http://www.rickbeat.com/modelslibrary/37012byrd8mh/37012byrd8mh.htm

Heres the link to the model of Treble Booster;
  >>>I don't see the question.

http://www.voxshowroom.com/us/misc/treb_boost.html

The ftp links fon't work for me in work or at home :(

Regards,

Rob...[/url]

Kilby

Quote from: petemooreInteresting VOX Pics...These guys should have hired a new camera man decades ago...You have to look hard just to see what the picture contexts, Control Panel looks part of like a couple knobs on tolex. Whoever edited that online brochure likes zoom.

I think the lens of the camera was also covered in tolex when the photos where taken ;)

Personally I'm surprised that Vox ever sold anything as their publicity was always crap, even in the early 80s their promotional literature looked like somthing from the early 70s. No wonder they have had so many owners.

Oh yeah, the interesting part on that site is the bill from Rickenbacker for the guitar PLUS custom wiring (apparently it was Ric who installed the treble booster in the factory).

Rob...

brian wenz

Hello Hello Kilby-
      There is a schematic for the Vox Treble Booster at Fuzz Central.   It's not the Treble-Bass Booster, though.  I imagine you could put a tone circuit  [like on the Apollo or Orange boosters...] on the front end of the Vox.
Brian

cd

Here is an actual useful post to answer your question.  THe schem referenced in the FTP link is here:

http://www.perigord.tm.fr/~hotamp/hard/images-gif/000022.html

Originally drawn by RG way back when.  If you want the bass/treble control, look at the schem for the Apollo B/T Booster (use the schematic link above).

petemoore

Tha'ts a good circuit, alot like Rangemaster, IIRC, I used a 5k pot in place of the two 2k2's.

Kilby

Quote from: cdHere is an actual useful post to answer your question.  THe schem referenced in the FTP link is here:

Thanks 10^6 for some reason my machine refuses to access the ftp link.

Due to my love affair with the Byrds guitar sound, a stock version is what I desire (and a 2nd one for experimentation).

Now the question is was the preamp that McGuinn used for the sitar style sound just the vox or was it really a 2nd circuit), perhaps I should mail him provided those days arn't too hazey.

Well I now have something to play with.

Now I just have to get my savings account stocked up with cash to by that 360 or 370 to go along with the booster ;)

Rob...

cd

The FTP link is long dead, I think that was one of the early sites the schem was posted to back in 95 or 96.  Next time, if you Google the filename it should pop up somewhere else.

BTW I think the writer of the first article you posted just referenced the Vox Treble Booster schem because it was online, not necessarily because that was the one that RM used.  The Vox Showroom link you posted references another (but similar) circuit.

Kilby

Quote from: cdBTW I think the writer of the first article you posted just referenced the Vox Treble Booster schem because it was online, not necessarily because that was the one that RM used.  The Vox Showroom link you posted references another (but similar) circuit.

I remember references from long ago regarding a Vox treble booster being used by McGuinn, and the modified Rickey certainly has a pot for the booster (as well as a switch). The reference I read was in the 80s.

Though I also read (once) that it was a home made booster built from the amplifier section of a transistor walkie talkie (as I said for the sitar sounds) though a 2.5 inch speaker.

I'm not sure which one was used but the one referenced in the pic looks like one of the more rasonable candidates.

Rob...