tube screamer & friends?

Started by freebird1127, November 15, 2004, 12:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freebird1127

Hey all,

What are some pedals that sound... "classically", for lack of a better term... good with a tube screamer??  I'm not picky about what type of effect it is right now, throw down some names!
Evan Haklar
What's the difference between incompetence and indifference?  I don't know and I don't care!

cd

Another Tubescreamer (seriously).

mlabbee

I'm still working out the kinks, but my breadboarded flatline compressor sounds really, really, really good with my TS clone.  It does color the tone and seems to "pump and breathe" quite a bit (which I like), so it's not very transparent.

RDV

I always thought a Fuzz Face sounded pretty good in front of a TS.

RDV

MartyMart

I've just supplied a modded TS9 and BD-2 to a session guitarist in London, thats a great combo, he leaves the BD-2 on all the time with gain set to "0" gives a nice full clean boost infront of the TS  !!

Marty 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

bigjonny

I built my buddy a BSIAB II for his birthday in order to augment his one-pedal TS-7 rig.  They play well together.  I imagine a nice TS would be even better!

Danny G

An AMZ Minibooster sounds really good with a TS as well.

petemoore

That's a good question.
 Those are all good answers IME also.
 Tubescreamer, or whatever encarnation thereof, gets in alot of overtime working for me, it seems to get along swimmingly somehow with others..for a Distortion Box that's remarkable.
 Single stage boosters, Discrete types, and Micro Amp, all do a good dog with the TS Types.
 I should note I'm using the Reamer for this posts context.
 It' probably something to do with the voicing, and that it's a milder distortion. I would think a Blue Magic would Drive a TS and the other way round too. Probably would make good 'tenants' of a 'duplex'.
 I for sure like to put something in front, usually a Jfet booster, Mini Booster or Micro Amp. Ge FF stays in the lineup.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

freebird1127

Those are definately some great ideas!  Thanks all.
Evan Haklar
What's the difference between incompetence and indifference?  I don't know and I don't care!

primalphunk

I built a scrambler and was really underwhelmed with it when I used it by itself.  Then I put my tubescreamer in front of it and wham...It rocked IMHO.  :shock:  So there is my two cents.  

peace,
James

Fret Wire

The Fetzer Valve sounds good combined with a Tubescreamer. Also, for those who like the dual-TS arrangement (as cd pointed out), the Tube Reamer works great with the TS. Use the TS for the basic boost, and the Reamer for OD.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Johan

phase-45..very cool together with a little bit of drive..

Johan
DON'T PANIC