Not technically a stompbox;

Started by whi, November 15, 2004, 01:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whi

but it is a DIY effect question nonetheless.

I have a Fender miniamp (a Minidelux) and I really enjoy the sounds I can get out of it, but it doesn't translate at all to another amp. The headphone barely puts out enough sound for headphones, forget about trying to push through anything else.

Does anyone have an idea how to make it more useful? Taking it apart is not a problem at all.

My though is that I open it up, unwire the speaker and rewire a stereo jack in its place. Of course, I have precious little knowledge about this sort of thing. I just want to be able to run my guitar through it like any other effect.

Paul Marossy

QuoteMy thought is that I open it up, unwire the speaker and rewire a stereo jack in its place. Of course, I have precious little knowledge about this sort of thing. I just want to be able to run my guitar through it like any other effect.

I have my doubts about that working. I don't think that will work quite like you would expect it to. This is a little out of my realm of experience, though.

Hal

the headphone amp on my mini-twin drives a 1x12 :-D

but you should be able to use the headphone out into a "power amp in" in an amp - or into an effects loop return.