futurlec aluminum knobs

Started by austin, November 18, 2004, 09:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austin

Has anyone used the aluminum knobs available from futurlec?  They're a decent price, but I can't even find pictures of them.  How is the quality?  What do they look like?

bluesdevil

I got some yesterday in the mail along with some parts to build my current project. I think they are really decent, kinda look like stereo receiver knobs and don't feel cheap at all. The only problem is they're routed out too small for a regular 1/4" pot shaft (like Small Bear sells), but they fit fine on the knurled shaft pots that I ordered from them. Actually their pots are a helluva deal at .50 each. Alpha 16mm's !!! Someone else posted on here about the good deals they have, that's how I discovered 'em. Just wish they would sell jacks too.
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Bluesdevil, do you think they might be 6mm? that is pretty common in Asia & matches a lot of Alps pots.

bluesdevil

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave)Bluesdevil, do you think they might be 6mm? that is pretty common in Asia & matches a lot of Alps pots.

Yes, I believe so.  The knobs will fit on the pots they sell, so you can't go wrong if you order those together.
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

ExpAnonColin

Hal

i disagre...I love them.  The look, that is.  The constuction is excellent, too.

I got the mini black ones.