futurlec pcb service and minimum distance from edge of pcb

Started by austin, November 18, 2004, 09:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austin

I'm working on a pcb design in eagle and it's complaining about pads/holes and traces being too close to the edge of the board.  I'm planning on using futurlec's pcb service, but I can't find anything on what this minimum distance is.  

My design has a few pads at about 20mils from the edge of pcb.  Is this too close?  what will happen if they try to build to this design?

I've sent an email to futurlec, but they are slooow.  Does anyone have experience with their service?

austin

okay, just got an answer... it's 20mil.  and i take back that they are slow.

D Wagner

Austin,

Please let us know how the boards turn out when you get them made.  A picture would be great, too.

I have checked out the prices for Futurlec boards, and it is hard to beat.  I would like to get some made in the future if the quality is there.

Thanks,

Derek

AL

Quotei take back that they are slow

Actually, they are slow. I've ordered (not pcb's) from them before and yes they are most definitely slow. But, they have a nice selection and good prices if you're willing to wait. If you need something quick it's not worth it.

AL

ExpAnonColin

I ordered a fairly large batch of PCBs from them a long time ago and they quite simply never sent them.

-Colin

austin

Colin,  can you explain a little more?  they just stopped contacting you?  they took your money and claimed to send the order?