Oh my word...Thought you all would get a kick out of this:

Started by mrsage, November 17, 2004, 04:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Stout

Jason Stout

Paul Marossy

If you do BIN, that works out to about $1.49 each...

MartyMart

Ha, they cost a third of that, or free if you ask Texas Instruments for a few samples !!
I've had 4x 4558  4x 4559  and some 386's too  !!!

grrrrrrrrrr !!
Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Fret Wire

Quote from: Paul MarossyIf you do BIN, that works out to about $1.49 each...

As far as BS mojo deals go, it's a cheap one. Remember the guy from Australia who tried to sell one JRC chip for $250?
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Ge_Whiz

Quote from: MartyMartHa, they cost a third of that, or free if you ask Texas Instruments for a few samples !!
I've had 4x 4558  4x 4559  and some 386's too  !!!

grrrrrrrrrr !!
Marty.

But, my dear Marty, these are the original 1985 ones - you know, made with wider specs, with inferior materials and tooling, and now possessing mojo-generating tarnish on all the pins. AND, you get 798 more than you need.

Hal

AL

:shock:  :? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :shock:  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

Excuse me while I change my pants.

AL

MartyMart

I have a great idea,,,,,,
lets ALL build some "TS" clones with the worst 741's we can find, rub off the printed top, put nail varnish on it and sell the box on Ebay for 250  !!

ooops, they are already doing that arn't they ?? :shock:

Marty. :wink:
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Ben N

Anybody see the ebay piece on Leno last night?  Some funny doodoo!  Someone actually sold his wart--yeah, the disgusting thing that can grow on your skin, THAT wart--for like $15.

Ben
  • SUPPORTER

Mark Hammer

My favourite part is "The pictures I took didn't give them justice".

a) What pictures?
b) Um, I think I know what an 8-pin DIP looks like.
c) What exactly would a picture show, the part number?

Besides, since when was 1985 the "magic year" for these things, and if production runs of these things are so inconsistent, then how the hell does picking any one of them assure a given tone?

jmusser

Was the wart an 8 pin? Lord only knows what they would do in a Tube Screamer!
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".