I need some parts...

Started by superhombre2k, November 19, 2004, 08:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superhombre2k

Let's see...
TB mod my Vox wah, so I need a good quality DPDT
Add an LED to my DOD 280 compressor and retain TB, so I'll need a 3PDT, bezel, and LED
Rehouse my EH LPB-1 with an LED, so I'll need another 3PDT, bezel, LED, and an enclosure

Theoretically I could just use the switch from my DOD in the wah, but I'd rather grab a new part for the $8 or whatever it should cost.

Where do you guys recommend getting this stuff? I'd like to order it all from the same place but it seems that Small Bear is backlogged right now and I know I've seen better prices on the 3PDT at least.

So I can minimize my drilling, does anyone have an MXR sized enclosure drilled for at least jacks, top mounted switch, and a single knob on top? I can drill for the LED myself, but I don't know if I have large enough bits for the jacks.

Thanks for any tips or help you guys can give me!

MartyMart

Aron has 3DPDT switches for a good price, LED/Bezel/Hammond box should be available almost anywhere, Radio shack !!

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

KORGULL

I doubt you will find 3PDT switches cheaper than what Aron sells them for. They are hard to come by at all. His shipping price is very reasonable too.

The places that I know of where you can get the LEDs and aluminum enclosures are:  //www.jameco.com
and //www.partsexpress.com No DPDT stompswitches here, but you can always use a 3PDT from Aron instead.

//www.jaycar.com.au has DPDT stompswitches, aluminum enclosures, and LEDs/bezels. They are in Australia but have a catalog/section of website priced in U.S.$. and the shipping is 7.95 to the U.S. if you spend less than $50.00.
Thats not bad, I usually pay $6-$8 for domestic shipping.
I think their prices and selection are really good. DPDT stompswitch is only $3.25.

-Don't know how large of a bit you have, but maybe you can just use a file to enlarge the holes for the jacks, etc..

superhombre2k

I plan to buy the 3PDT's from Aron, but the LEDs, bezels, enclosure, and DPDT I still haven't straightened out yet.

lmkv15

Quote from: KORGULLI doubt you will find 3PDT switches cheaper than what Aron sells them for. They are hard to come by at all. His shipping price is very reasonable too.

The places that I know of where you can get the LEDs and aluminum enclosures are:  //www.jameco.com
and //www.partsexpress.com No DPDT stompswitches here, but you can always use a 3PDT from Aron instead.

//www.jaycar.com.au has DPDT stompswitches, aluminum enclosures, and LEDs/bezels. They are in Australia but have a catalog/section of website priced in U.S.$. and the shipping is 7.95 to the U.S. if you spend less than $50.00.
Thats not bad, I usually pay $6-$8 for domestic shipping.
I think their prices and selection are really good. DPDT stompswitch is only $3.25.

-Don't know how large of a bit you have, but maybe you can just use a file to enlarge the holes for the jacks, etc..

Hi

The LED simply take one away from alpha DPDT (smallbearelec.com) with post-connected Millenium Bypass.