Thinking of doing a delay build

Started by amonte, November 19, 2004, 03:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amonte

I've got an SAD-3 that is OK and I was giving thought to buying an analog delay, but the prices seem very restrictive.  I noticed there are two delays at GGG  (PT-80 and AD-3208).  They look a bit complicated (at least to what I am used to), but I noticed that GGG offers PCB's for these, so I thought it might be worth a shot.

Anybody build one of these yet?

Michael Allen

The PT80 is definately the homebrew way to go. I'm planning on putting one together over this Christmas holiday. Do a search for it, it's been constructed by many people on the forum

Stu

Tonepad.com has 2 delays based on the PT2399 (i think) i substituted in a HT8970's instead and used the same board and it worked out really well, the PT80 is pretty big and the tonepad delays are much less complicated.

Stu

dv8

Rebote 2 from tonepad was pretty painless.  It functions well within the constraints of most delay (<500ms).

It was my second pcb etching, which had to modified (because of my noob status to etching).  I messed up one of the ground connection traces. :o

I still want to build/mod the rebote 2 to have the chorus the repeats.

-brian

JT

I LOVE MY PT80 ! It does the runaway feedback as well :)

runmikeyrun

I too am in the process of a pt-80 project.  I've got the enclosure ready and i've already received the pre-made pcb from GGG (thanks again JD!).  Just waiting on my parts which should have arrived today or monday.  I got all the parts i needed from small bear.  I'm still trying to track down a power supply for it (i might have found one) but other than that i'm ready to go.  Also moosapotomus has a mod on his website to extend the delay time.

Good luck.

Mike
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

geertjacobs

I'm building a PT-80 too. The pcb is made by a local shop and it's not scaled correctly, it will be a very tight fit for mounting the IC sockets.
Still missing a few small parts, but i couldn't resist starting the build anyway.
Still have to find a suitable enclosure.
I'm looking forward to try the suggestions on adding a direct out.