Boss DS-1 switching problem

Started by JasonG, November 20, 2004, 01:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonG

Hey everyone ! I am having some problems with a Boss ds-1. I moded it last week. It sounded great! So I took it to some friends to see if they would like me to mod theres. When I took it to one friend he pluged it into his daisy chain to power it. It already had a fresh battery. I assumed that boss had a switching circuit in it that would switch from battery to powersupply when it was pluged into one. The pedal worked when he used it but now it does not work. Sometime it passes a signal. Sometimes it doesnt. Some times it will pass a distorted signal but only when I keep the switch pressed down. I am really bummed out right now. How can I fix this one? Thanks!
Class A booster , Dod 250 , Jfet booster, Optical Tremolo, Little Gem 2,  mosfet boost, Super fuzz , ESP stand alone spring reverb red Llama omni-drive , splitter blender ,

NEVER use gorilla glue for guitar repairs! It's Titebond , Elmers, or Superglue

JasonG

I works fine when I use an adapter. But when I try to run it on a battery it still wont switch right.
Class A booster , Dod 250 , Jfet booster, Optical Tremolo, Little Gem 2,  mosfet boost, Super fuzz , ESP stand alone spring reverb red Llama omni-drive , splitter blender ,

NEVER use gorilla glue for guitar repairs! It's Titebond , Elmers, or Superglue

guitarhacknoise

hello jason,
this happened to me once with that orange monster (ds-1),
        first check to make sure the battery leads did'nt get messed up from R/d  and reinstallation, you know, shorts /burns/ busted solder joints. In my case it turned out to be a broken wire.
or maybe it's like it's cousin , Tube screamer, and the board cracked or a trace got lifted and it's only making partial contact around where the dc jack is, so It works fine with the adapter but not with the batt. (which is the T.S.'s most common problem)
I'm sure it's something simple, I mean it worked before you went in, right.
-matthias
"It'll never work."