arion chorus sch-1

Started by dev, November 21, 2004, 01:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dev

hi I have an arion sch-1 chorus that i managed to damage while modding and need some help to get it up and running.  I was trying to make the pedal true bypass and succeeded then something went wrong when I was trying to fiddel with the power supply so I may have killed a component or two.  Right now the pedal turns on and off and passes sound.  when on the active tone control on the pedal works increasing the highs (so probably not a power supply diode).  If I touch the center or right outer lug of the rate control pot I get a ticking clock sound that I can increase or decrease with the rate knob.  Using an Audio probe (large cap to guitar cable, amp gound attached to effects ground) on the depth pot center lug I get a motor boating sound that I can increase or decrease the volume of. The pedal aslo has a trim pot for setting the chorus that I have tweeked in every position but no dice.  There are:

2 (8 pin)TA7555A8P ic's (pin 7 passes signal using an audio probe on both of these also some of pins 1 to 3 can pass signal)

1 (8 pin)TA7535A8P (located near rate pot)(pin 7 ticks when touched)

1 (8 pin) MN3102 (a small cap next to it controled depth of warble larger cap =more warble; also using an audio probe pin 7 gives off a very chorusy noise and pin 2 does too but to a lesser extent)

1 (8 pin) MN3207(adjacent to MN3102)(using an audio probe pin 2 & 6 give chorusy noise same as pin 2 on the pevious IC, pin 7 gives a ticking noise, and pin 3 passes clean guitar signal that the pedal's tone control can affect)  

1 (16 pin) TC4027BP(no sound on any pin with audio probe)

I can take voltages for the Ic's if someone can point me in the right dirrection. There are also some diodes and tansistors that maybe I should check around?  Anyway I know this is a tall order especially without a schematic but any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanx Dev

dev

Anyone? I have the exact same problem with my Arion Chorus.

bolsonero

I have the same problem, and donĀ“t how to solve it. Tell me if you coud repair it, please. Thanks!