BSIAB II and SOLDANO AMP / AWESOME

Started by Fernando Aguirre, November 22, 2004, 01:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernando Aguirre

I just finished the BSIAB II and played it with a marshall 8080 valvestate and it sounds great (very few distortion pedals sound even ¨good¨ with solid state amps) which was a very good signal.

Then i used it on the clean channel of my Soldano HR 50+ and  :shock: ..wow!!! i just can´t believe how good this pedal is. The crunch is awesome, it eats marshalls in high gain sound and it is a lot less muddy than Boogies. :twisted:
Also used as a booster on the Soldano dist. channell with very good results, it colours a bit the tone but the sustain is infinite and makes the sound more articulate (tone in the middle, level at max and gain at min.)
Not noisy at all.
This pedal is a must for high gain-liquid smooth tone lovers.
Tomorrow i will go to a friend´s place where he have a marshall SLP 1959 reissue since he wants to try the bsiab 2 in front of it. I will let you know about the sound of this combination too.
Fer

Ed G.

Excellent!
One question, how does the bsiab compare to the soldano's distortion? I thought the soldano was supposed to be the end-all as far as tube-amp distortion goes, or is that just the SLO???

Fernando Aguirre

Well, at low volumes sound pretty similar (dirt channel of soldano and bsiab2 with soldano clean channel).
At higher volumes i found the dirt channel of the soldano a bit more defined.
I have been told that the HR50+ have the same lead channel as the SLO.
The pedal sounds great as booster and terrific as distortion pedal on top of the clean channel.
Congratulations on your design!

GreenEye

Last Soldano I played through (at a store that is) didn't need a thing to make it sound overdriven.  There was plenty...

Fernando Aguirre

Yeah i know, there is plenty of gain, in the lead channel i feel at home at 5 or 6 of gain, no need of more.
What i wanted to let know is how great is the BSIAB2