Boss BF-2B Flanger Schematics Needed

Started by vanhansen, November 22, 2004, 04:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanhansen

Does anyone have the schematics for the BF-2B or BF-2 Flanger?  

I found my BF-2B Bass Flanger (which I used with my guitar) and it needs to be repaired.  I haven't hooked it up yet but if I remember, it was OK in bypass mode but switching the effect on it had no sound.  It might be the other way around, might be no sound both ways.  Can't remember.  :oops:

I've searched the net and can't find it anywhere.
Erik

Mark Hammer

The 2B will undoubtedly be no different from the BF-2 than by a few component value changes.  The design will be the same.  Hell, the only difference between the HF-2 (Hi-Band Flanger) and the BF-2 was that BOSS swapped out an MN3007 (1024 stage BBD) with an MN3009 (256 stage BBD) to shift the delay range over a bit.  That's it.  Not a single other difference besides the chip and the name.

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

vanhansen

Great. Thanks for the schem.

Mark, I had a feeling that was the case.
Erik

vanhansen

Ok, I plugged it in last night and to my surprise, it works.  I do remember it having some issues before.  It's been a few years since I've used it and thought I trashed it.  I'm glad I found it though.

Now, since I know it works, what kind of mods can be done to this thing?
Erik