univibe / pan

Started by ESPm2M, November 22, 2004, 07:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ESPm2M

Would someone be willing to suggest how best to synchronize a Univibe and an auto panner (to be housed in one box)?

thanks

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Are you sure you want to sync them? or more exactly, you might want one to be running at exactly twice the frequency of the other.
If you have a triangle wave, and you have a +_ rail system, and the triangle wave swings evenly around zero, then if you rectify it you get another triangle wave at twice the frequency (level shift & amp up to get matching levels with the original).
And taking care of biasing, you can do this in a single ended supply situation.

ESPm2M

Thanks!

I understand the concept but unfortunately I am not at a level where I would even know where to begin making a circuit that achieves this :(

I guess I'll hit the books...

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: ESPm2MI understand the concept but unfortunately I am not at a level where I would even know where to begin making a circuit that achieves this :(

I only mention it, in the hope of inspiring someone!
but if you only want to get the two synced together, then it is a matter of scrapping one LFO and running the other LFO over to replace it.
I still think it might be interestign to have a "multiple" relationship between the two, though..