stellans wah filter - approve layout..

Started by vdm, November 23, 2004, 09:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdm

hey everyone,

i've been looking at building a vanishing point after all of the talk around, and i thought this would be a nice circuit to try for the filter section. it's fairly simple and uses fairly easy to find parts that i probably have lying around.

i thought i'd draw up a pcb layout because i couldnt find one though i will probably only perf it. but im just wondering if you could check my layout for me, or give me some hints as to what could be fixed.

here's the schematic
http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/humperdinck/223/effect.htm

just scroll down to the wah section and choose 'wha filter'... the layout has a few mods of stellan's but not all of them.

thanks
trent

EDIT: now updated with bipolar supply

B Tremblay

I checked the schematic and it calls for a bipolar power supply.  Therefore, it seems that pin 4 should be connected to -V, not ground.
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

vdm

thanks mr tremblay,

im amazed i could overlook that so easily... thanks for the tip... i might try and use one of my max1044's ive got here.

trent

P.S. the schematic has been updated

The Tone God

I was thinking of build a VP quickly to test it out again. I might give this filter a shot at the being the star in the audio to see how well it works. I have tried the VP with a morely wha circuit and that sounded good.

Andrew

vdm

hey guys,

i'll be throwing this circuit together today and i should be able to let you know if it works by tomorrow.... looking forward to seeing if i can get the wah to happen with an ldr as well...

trent