semiconductor cross-reference

Started by Rodgre, September 01, 2003, 09:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodgre

I have found online cross-reference databases to cross a part number with an NTE or ECG number, but I can't seem to find one that works the other way around.

I have a couple of NTE199s that I bought years ago and now I forgot why... Does anyone know what they cross to and what project I may have bought them for? I'm getting a feeling it was a Kay Fuzztone.

Roger

petemoore59

At the bottom of the first paragraph is a blue "Click Here"...click there for datas on the NTE part #'s. It'll bring up the NTE part # entry box page.

Rodgre

I'm sorry. At the bottom of WHAT paragraph?

Roger

petemoore59

It was under 'lookup a part', and from your post it sounded like you were referring to the same: NTE cross reference page
 I believe it is accessible in Links.
 That page is a cross ref page...where entering a different [than NTE] manufacturers part # in the entry box gives you the NTE cross ref part and data sheets if you continue exploring...but won't work for nte part #'s
 For NTE part #'s you have to link to that page...read the first paragraph of the first NTE page you get to from links [the Cross ref page] then click to the link at the bottom of that page's first paragraph [which explains this function] highlited in blue letters : "Click Here"...that takes you to the NTE parts page...typing in NTE part #s there allows access to NTE data pages.
 I use this all the time to find out what type of bugs are used to activate {transistors/oa's>amplyfyi] circuits and just get familiar with the different active components.
 I have had good results with NTE cross-subs, and their page makes  a good reference source to find out what x active part is like Low Noise high gain NPN ... or say precision opamp with frequency compensation...
mostly I read just the heading of the data page as I'm not so good at comprehending most of the datasheet spec #'s

Rodgre

I still can't find anything on the NTE site that lets me see what the NTE199 references, in fact the site says "what, do you think we're crazy letting you see what you can replace OUR parts with? oh no. It works the other way around" but it seems that my NTE199 crosses to a BC109c.

Is there much difference, I wonder, between a BC109c and a 3904?

Roger

Jonas H

Why don't both of you share the links with the rest of us  :wink:

ErikMiller

I just looked up your NTE199, and I would not call it a good cross for a BC109C. NTE's cross for that is their NTE123A. Looks like hFe for the 199 is considerably higher.

Dan N

This will find their data for NTE stuff.

http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/ntemasterxref.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm

Be sure to note the ECB pin out of the 199.

Remember, NTE turns mountains of transistors into a handful of their own numbers.

Jered

NTE 199 will cross with 2N3391-2N3392 for what its worth. NTE semi's are nortoriously inconsistent.   Jered