repair digitech distortion

Started by guitarmonky55, November 27, 2004, 11:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitarmonky55

i have a digitech hot rod rock distortion with a problem.  my pedal connector got stuck in the input jack.  i thought it would be an easy fix, so i opened up the case to find surface mounted jacks, that are totally enclosed and sealed so i cant get to it to bend the jack away from the plug.  the pedal is functional as is but id like to get that out of there so i can change its position on the pedalboard.  do i need to find a replacement jack from digitech or could i possibly take the jack from the mixer output of the pedal, ist the same exact jack and i dont use that output anyway

Mike Burgundy

So the plug got stuck in the jack?
This means there's probably some internal damage in the jack itself.
These aren't hard to find,  Mouser, smallbear, digitec, farnell all have them in one form or another. All you need to worry about is wether the pins line up.
I have no idea what the "mixer" output does on this specific pedal. Is it a speaker-simulated, balanced output meant to go directly into a mixer? Then you can't use it to get the same sound as the regular output.
Is it a "blend/mix" output, allowing you to blend in the original signal? Then you can use it, providing you set the mix to full-wet.
hih