Tripple Fuzz and Octave Up Sick Box Pics

Started by Doug_H, November 28, 2004, 08:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

RACO Conversions are Cool !!!
 The paint on circles [last pic] looks great !!! Looks like art, paint of more than one color...cool designs!!!
 i I Have one drying the punchout's epoxy.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

RLBJR65

Those look great! Can't miss your switches with them LED's put em in all your pedals instant light show 8)

What type of finish did you use on the OUSB? Looks Cool!
Richard Boop

KORGULL

Nice job, The paint/texture on the bronze colored one (OUSB) is especially cool. I have one of those same Raco boxes waiting in the wings - would like to do something like that to it.

jmusser

Man the inside of your box is sure neat! I'm not sure I'd have the guts to show what my mess looks like in there! I have been trying to lay off the circuit building, and working on my enclosures lately. I think I have 8 completed circuits in baggies waiting for a homes. Like I told RDV, I hate that part. Not so much the fabrication, but the painting and labeling. But, basically until you've put the circuit in an appropriate enclosure, you really haven't completed the build, and given your creation a personality. My enclosures will be killer when I'm done though, if I can keep from getting side tracked with the instant gradification of circuit building. Would it be alright if I just built the OUSB? I promise I'll get right back to my enclosures. Honest!
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

petemoore

I like when the knob skirts come almost to the top of the box.
 Takes alot of washers, I've been making 'shim washers out of perf pieces.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

MartyMart

Nice work Doug,
I love that "Hammerite" finish, easy to get on the box too ( Thanks RDV!)

Marty.
8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

jmusser

Well, if I hadn't built a fixture that houses two circuits, I would have probably been forced to finish a box every time I did a circuit. As it is, I just take them straight out of the fixture and stick them in a quart freezer bag, then go to the next one. I have a whole shoe box full right now. I figure that I'll go ahead and at least shorten the wires up to the jacks, but the switch wires are such a pain in the shorts to get to, I'm not sure I'll clip them. The extra length (at least so far) hasn't caused me noise problems, it just looks kind of rat nesty in there because of it. I like using the fixture I have, because it allows me to have all my housing mounted stuff secured so I don't have to go through a bunch of gymnastics to solder it, plus, the top is open. If I remember right, it's about the size of a sheet of paper, with the 8 1/2" section having a two inch lip turned up on each side. It's 1/8" aluminum I scabbed off something and drilled holes in for switches, jacks and pots. The 11" length, lets me put two circuits side by side, and I place that 3/32 craft foam down for the solder side to lay on. That's also the same stuff I use for the bottom of the boxes when they're finished.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

RDV

I gotta git me some o that thar copper kuler, it's purtier'n a spekled pup!

RDV

aron

Nice and roomy looking in there Doug!

GREAT JOB!