|HOME| |DIY FAQ| |GEO FAQ| |Debugging Page| |Links| |Schematics| |Wiki| |Layouts Gallery| |STORE|
|AMPAGE| |GEOFEX| |AMZ|

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 09:46:05 AM
971505 Posts in 103580 Topics by 33031 Members
Latest Member: btchrby
Home Help Login Register
DIYstompboxes.com  |  DIY Stompboxes  |  Building your own stompbox  |  SD-1 to OD-1??? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SD-1 to OD-1???  (Read 13596 times)
MartyMart

Martin L / Berlin for a while

SD-1 to OD-1???
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2005, 04:19:50 AM »

Quote from: G Kresge
Well, what I originally intended to do was very similar to that. Before a couple of days ago - and finding out about the quad opamp version of the OD1 - I had scanned and meticulously "traced" the OD1's PCB with that exact intention. If anyone out there that has the quad version could send me a scan of the PCB (top and bottom) I would be incredibly grateful.

On its way to you soon sir !!

Marty. Cool

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com
Regan

SD-1 to OD-1???
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2005, 07:33:08 PM »

Mike,
A few questions,
Is there enough room for a small daughter board with the quad chip?
Which quads did you try?
Hmmmm, is it a matter of paralleling the opamps? I wonder if piggybacking two duals would work fine.
I'll have to take a look when I'm less tired.
Regan
analogmike

please don't send private messages, email instead.

SD-1 to OD-1???
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2005, 11:08:29 AM »

Quote from: Regan
Mike,
A few questions,
Is there enough room for a small daughter board with the quad chip?
Which quads did you try?
Hmmmm, is it a matter of paralleling the opamps? I wonder if piggybacking two duals would work fine.
I'll have to take a look when I'm less tired.
Regan

IN this case it's easier to cut traces and run jumpers than a daughter board. But you just gave me an idea... tack 1/2" wire leads onto the quad op amp chip. Use a 1" lead on pin 4. Then you can move 3 of the legs down one slot (4 5 and 6) and pin 7 can go to pin 4, saving cutting of any traces.

I also forgot to mention that you have to bend leg 2 and attach to leg 1 on the chip and leg 13 to 14 (leave holes empty on new pin 2 and 13).

It's not so easy to describe but you can figure it out, that's why it's called DIY  Cool

DIY has unpleasant realities, such as that an operating soldering iron has two ends differing markedly in the degree of comfort with which they can be grasped. - J. Smith

mike  ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   vintage guitar effects

http://www.analogman.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: