Wah pedals chasis?

Started by Duke of Metal, November 30, 2004, 04:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke of Metal

hey guys,
is there a place to buy wah pedal enclosures/chasis from?  Ofcourse i would want it with the rocker.

I have some circuts here that I'd like to put them in enclosures.

Thanks

smashinator

tsk tsk tsk...  You should have searched the forum.   :wink:

Short answer: no.  Long answer: you can get 'em off ebay, or from music stores that happen to have a dead one.  Sometimes.  If you're lucky.

Someone just posted about finding some cheap volume pedals/wahs on ebay.
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Bernard Shaw

http://pizzacrusade.blogspot.com/

puretube

again a thread, which reminds me of one of the saddest days in my life...

:cry:  :oops:  :cry:  :cry:

Duke of Metal

:(.. I should have searched first your right.

Sorry!  :wink:

Anyways.. thanks for the replies guys.  I'll keep my eyes open on wah pedals that are basicly dead and use them for chasis and parts.

Thanks

cd

Try Steve's on Queen West, I think they sell those rackmount wah controllers for around $65.

The Tone God

Quote from: cdTry Steve's on Queen West, I think they sell those rackmount wah controllers for around $65.

Or just buy the "Hi-Gain" volume pedals and gut the thing. Should be roughly the same price. It was last time I was there. You can also check out Song Bird a few blocks down. They sell used stuff. Maybe hit them up for an old case.

Andrew

Mike Burgundy

Quoteagain a thread, which reminds me of one of the saddest days in my life...
Wat, die ENE keer dat je iets vroeg wat in de archieven stond?
(transl. "What, the ONE time you asked a question that was already in the archives?")
:wink:  :P

puretube

mis-ge-interpreteerd (Dutch for: misinterpreted)  :o

I have answered similar posts with the same (or similar) sentence:
about that sad,sad day in my life concerning Wah-Shells (rocker-pedals)...

If time lends me the time,
that story may be my "this year`s DIY christmas drama"
in the "Lounge"..................

rock voort (Dutch for: rock on)  :lol:

(not to be misinterpreted with smelly Roquefort cheese!)

puretube

...ahhh - now I understand your joke!!!

You mean my question: "can you post a link to that circuit" ? ???

YES - that`s a classic in the FAQ, nowadays...  :lol:

Duke of Metal

Thanks guys!

will check into those.

puretube

Duke: the cheapest new ones (volume-pedals), seem to be the "BESPECO" pedals...

David

Quote from: puretubeagain a thread, which reminds me of one of the saddest days in my life...

OK, Puretube, come clean!

Are you sitting on a stash of wah shells??!?!?   :?:

Care to unload any?   :roll:

puretube

Quote from: David
Quote from: puretubeagain a thread, which reminds me of one of the saddest days in my life...

Are you sitting on a stash of wah shells??!?!?   :?:

I wish I were...  :cry:

jmusser

I was the one that posted on wah shells. I'm still fishing on ebay and other sites for one. I'm sure there will be another one come by, but I missed one that went for $15.50, and I bid $15.00. It made me sick, because it had a good pot and mechanism, plus jacks. No board in it either, and was just waiting for my Gargletron/Punch-In-The-face guts. Grrrrr! I did get a decent Vox 847 off there for $53.00. I didn't think that was too bad.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

runmikeyrun

yeah i've found a bunch on ebay, i've bought a few for about $25 with shipping.  Crybaby is the only kind i've tried as i know how the rack and pinion pot control works.  I would stay away from morley, they use a LDR to control the function and not a pot.  Others may do the same.

If you check out my other post from two days ago, you'll notice the problem i've run into with using wah shells for other projects:  getting another value of pot to fit into the mechanism.  If the parameter you want to control has a 100k pot attached to it then you're okay.  If not, you are going to have a hard time getting a pot with long enough threads to fit in there.  Then you need to have a long shaft pot because a short shaft will not reach all the way to the rack that turns the pinion gear (see, the size of your shaft DOES matter after all).  I found that the long shaft pots from rat shack will JUST BARELY fit and i mean just barely but they don't come in a lot of values (100k and 1M that i know of).  The last problem you will have to deal with is fixing the gear to the shaft.  The two different crybaby wahs i've gotten have two different methods: one has a hole drilled into the pot shaft and a small spring pin pushed through the gear and shaft; the other has a flat side on the shaft to keep the gear from spinning and a snap ring at the top that holds the gear on.

Maybe other brands have different methods or use assemblies that are more mod-friendly.  Best thing would be to look under the hood before you buy but that isn't always practical.  If you're going to buy one new maybe purchase it, take it home, take the bottom off and check it out.  If you can't use it, return it.

Good luck.
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

bruce bennett

I have a solution to this problem if anyone wants to try this.

I had several Wah circuits I wanted to try out and as you already know a Wah type rocker pedal enclosure just isn't an easy thing to get ...

SO. I called up Ernie Ball...  he has the new Mini volume pedal that WHOLESALES for about 55.00 each.
So I bought a doz. of them.
they are KILLER
Super heavy duty and if you don't mind working with the string mechanism, makes a very nice looking and nearly indestructable wah.

To Anyone interested in this idea, I will pass these along for the same cost..

dadude

Oh man! You should have searched the posts before you bought a dozen of those. Carvin sells a chrome wah-wah you can gut for $29. Ugh!

http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=VW1&CID=FXP

Peace...

Ed G.

The carvin deal is over, I believe. I think it was a clearance sale because their pedals didn't sell well.
I'd like to see the EB pedal. I know his full-sized pedals look indestructible.

smallbearelec

This has been on my shopping list for awhile. I know there are companies in China that do metal castings, but I have not had time to fish. I will be visiting NAMM (my first business trip for SBE) and I will be looking for a supplier of wah shells. I figure that once my presence is known there, it's just as likely that someone will find me...

william

We have a Univibe enclosure at work.  Its going for 35 dollars.  Its exactly like the basic dunlop wah, and has a 100k hot pot in it, and the switch.  Add a wah pcb, and you've got a wah pedal.  I don't usually advertise for stuff we have at work, but if anyone wants it, e-mail me and I'll let you know the deal.