Schematic for a $400 Boutique Overdrive

Started by Mobisimo, November 30, 2004, 07:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobisimo

Hey all,

I'm gonna throw a tubescreamer-like overdrive together as soon as I get the chance, and as the Landgr*ff Overdrive enjoys a good reputation for tone (how much of that is in the price, I do not know) I figured I would incorporate some of the elements of that pedal into my own.  I believe there was a thread a while ago that had the schematic in it; however, when I went to review it, the schematic was no longer there.  If anyone has the schematic would they mind helping me out?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Somicide

careful, you may start another ethics debate...
Peace 'n Love

cd

Take a TS-808 circuit and use a 1M drive pot, and make the clipping diodes switchable from 1N4148 to red LEDs to no diodes.  That's it.

black mariah

Then cram it all into a 1590B. That's about $200 worth of ass pain right there. :wink:

cd

Oh yeah, I forgot a couple of other pointers:

- point to point wired on perfboard
- use all silver wire and silver solder
- MKT yellow box caps and carbon comp resistors
- bend all wires at right angles
- use sockets in the 3-4 critical tone shaping spaces so you can swap resistors/caps in later
- cool swirl or race car flame paint job

Oh yeah #2, the big long MOJO thread is also required reading.

STOMPmole

You're forgetting the most important pointer cd,

The addition of the magical vintage JRC4558!

puretube

cd

Quote from: STOMPmoleYou're forgetting the most important pointer cd,

The addition of the magical vintage JRC4558!

Oops!  You're right, I thought that was a given.  Who would even bother building their own without that magical part?  Actually, the chip in the pedal mentioned above is socketed, and you can get different chips (JRCs with different date codes, also RC4558s with different date codes, etc.) to tweak the pedal to your taste.  So one pedal may sound different (and actualy incorporate different values) than another.