Problem with Double D

Started by ragtime8922, November 30, 2004, 09:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragtime8922

I just breadboarded/test rigged the Double D. Since I'm only researching the basis for a heavily distorted pedal I planned on only building the bounce channel. I've never used this type of chip before. I heard about the squealing problem so I made sure to ground all the unused inputs. I get serious squeal when turn the volume past like 10:00. The schem of the DD (or maybe the Hot Harmonics as I was referring to as well) said to tie to either +9V or ground. I tried ground. Should  try +9? I have pin 8 at ground.

jrc4558

Pin 8 must be at ground since it is a ground pin. Squeal can be caused my many reasons. Is there at least a 100µF cap across the power rails?

ragtime8922

I used the ROG Double D schematic but only built the "bounce channel. I then referred to the Hot Harmonics schematic because I didn't know what to do with the unused inverter inputs.

I have pins 3, 5 and 7 tied together and go through a 22uF cap to ground. Pin 8 is directly grounded. Pin 1 is tied to +9V.

The Hot Harmonics schem says that pin 8 should be at +9V and pin 1 should be at ground. I FEEL LIKE A NEWBIE!!!...OK, I am new to CMOS inverters.