1st Breadboard

Started by swal, December 01, 2004, 01:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swal

I just got my very first breadboard and i love it no more wasting prefboard and parts. :D I have allready built a blue clipper, tube reamer and now I'm trying this muff fuzz on breadboard.
http://www.harpamps.com/schematics/mufffuzz.pdf
has anyone tried this? i dont want to end up having to wasting hours wondering what is wrong like the blue clipper to find out the schematic was wrong and the drop down res on the input says 240k, tried a 24k and then it came to life :evil: .  Im getting sound untill the output on #1.
I want a fuzz but dont want to deal with biasing trans. And i have a dozen tl072. any other fuzz layouts u guess like with tl072?
S J Waldner

Marcos - Munky

The Muff Fuzz sounds good when you tweak it to your taste. What about the Dist+? And do you want only a fuzz or you want something like a sweet overdrive?

swal

I have built a dist+ and didn't really like it.  i have two son of screamers i built and i love those!  I am looking for something as fuzzy and dirty as possible, like u just sliced apart a little 30w 12" speaker amp. And gain at 1 and volume all the way up :D
S J Waldner

swal

like listening the foxy lady on am radio thru a blown speaker!! :D  :twisted:  :D
S J Waldner

Marcos - Munky

I think the Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box can do this.

swal

i built two of them one for my wifes bass. and another one i put in a box with a electra, so i could play tha bazz with the electra or choose btween the two.  i am looking for something without the weird cut off when you play up high soloing and with all little more controll over the amount of  fuzz
S J Waldner

swal

i completed the muff fuzz
everthing is ok except that when i put two 1n914 in the pedal it is wonderfully fuzzy but im getting all types of radio interference but when i put a 1n34a there is no interference but it turns way to crunchy. what else can i do to stop the noise?
i tried a small cap but to have a large enough cap to stop the noise it wreaks the gain and the fuzz. :(
S J Waldner

Marcos - Munky

QuoteFrom Eric Hensel:A 47pf cap to,ground, after the input cap will probably do it --you can adjust this up or down --higher values will start to cut treble. use the lowest value that works.
From Zachary Vex:

Mount the pc board as close as you can physically to the metal box. this will serve as a ground plane to reduce the heterodyning that can pick up rf. don't let the input and output wires cross... make sure the layout doesn't allow input and output connections to get too close to each other. if you can, solder in ground connections around (near) the sensitive input circuitry. if rf is being picked up by rectification, these fixes won't help, but if it is being picked up due to beat frequencies generated by heterodyning (internal rf oscillation in the circuit beating against rf from radio stations) you can get rid of it through the use of careful layout and grounding to reduce oscillation.
You might try using miniature shielded cable inside of the enclosure for the input to the board too.

Hope this helps. About the fuzz that you want, you should see Tim Escobedo's Ugly Face or TMK.