PT-80 delay, many thanks to JD, Small Bear, Moose

Started by runmikeyrun, December 02, 2004, 06:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runmikeyrun

Just finished a PT-80 delay the other day.  I used a PCB and parts layout from GGG and ordered all the goodies necessary (save the power supply and one specific type of caps) from Small Bear.  I added Moosapotamus' mod for the extra delay time and it's really a nice feature to have.  It couldn't have been easier to build with all the help from those folks.  JD, with your PCB and parts layout it was like a paint by numbers poster.  Even my cat could have put it together.  Hell, it even fired right up on the first try!  

I just wanted to give these guys some credit for making fx building a really easy painless process.  Anyone with a small amount of knowledge of soldering and parts ID can build any of JD's projects thanks to his efforts.  Steve's online ordering makes getting the parts a breeze.  If only it would have been this easy for my Uglyface... wow that's something i don't want to talk about, it's still sitting on my workbench in a state of disrepair...  If anyone has a PCB to sell for that project, PM me.

A pic of the completed project is coming... i had to take it right to band practice to try it out!
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

moosapotamus

Yeah, PT80 is a sweet pedal. But, I can't take credit for the speed mod. I read about that in a previous thread here. :wink:

I will, however, take credit for the effect loop mod on my site. You ought to try that one, too. 8)

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

runmikeyrun

yeah that looked really cool too.  I was using a plastic electrical box for an enclosure though and there wasn't enough room for another set of ins/outs.  Maybe next time around...  :D
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

Jose

I agree - great project. I left out the led circuit and the higher voltage regulator (just jumpered), used polarized 1uf's too (just figured it out w/datasheets etc). Thanks to Scott Swartz & J.D. Plus all the others here too that contribute.  8)  Jose