Cheap wah pedal shells!

Started by Tim Escobedo, December 05, 2004, 03:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puretube

that wah link never worked for me, btw;
(being in europe, got redirected immediately to C*rvin  main page: choose your country:... )

RedHouse

I e-mailed them with that question, here was there reply:

The webpage says your "VW1 - Carvin Vintage Wah" are sold out, are you going to be getting more in stock? anytime soon?

Quote-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 7:17 AM
Subject: RE: VW1 - Carvin Vintage Wah

Sorry, no.

I wonder if they ever had any at all, anybody here actually get one?.

jayp5150

Their whole line of "ground Effects" only showed up in one catalog.  I have a feeling that they just didn't sell well, and they're trying to clean out the warehouse.

Just a hunch, though.

It seems very un-Carvin-like to pull something like this on purpose.  I've had great experience with them over the past 7 years or so.  I had a pickup that was getting bad feedback.  I had it for over a year, had no receipt, and no packaging, and they replaced it free of charge.  That's awesome.

al3151

That Carvin Wah looks like my Guitar Research Wah wich looks like the RUBY Wah.It even suffers from the rubber foot pad coming loose problem.My guess is they got them from the same Taiwaneese manufacturer,just labled differently.I wonder where those HIWATT wahs came from.

Alex C

I think it sounds unlike them to try to deceive customers too.  
I bought  an amp from them a few years ago (MTS212).  After a few weeks, I was having problems with a  microphonic tube.   It was my first tube amp, and I didn't know that this was the problem,  so I called Carvin to ask what might be the problem.  They told me right away that it was in fact a microphonic tube, and two days later on my doorstep I found a new set of 5 Groove Tube 12ax7s.   Completely unexpected and unnecessary,  and I was very pleased.  
I've heard nothing but great things about their service and the way they treat customers.  
- I might be mistaken, but I think I've seen the pedals in more than one catalog.  A few consecutive months, at least.  

Alex

arielfx

here is an email i wrote to electro-harmonix (new sensor) and the answer i got.

QuoteFrom: Tom K. (arielFX) (by way of Chip Scooter Dugan <poster@sovtek.com>)
To: mike
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 9:34 AM
Subject: wah boxes

hey,

i am wondering if you ever thought about the idea of making empty wah boxes for effect builders?
everyone would love to get a hold of these boxes (i know as a custom effects builder). only a few companies such as fulltone can afford paying a factory big $$$ to make 1000's of boxes. when smaller builders need 10 or 20 they can't get them from factories and many times i know i buy them from a repair shop that got old wahs that do not work but i pay around $20 for the box and i rather get new ones.
think about it, it sounds to me like a goldmine!!!

tom

Dear Tom,

Your idea is a good one...and actually for quite some time we wanted to develop a wah housing for our own  products....however we have not done this yet.

Maybe some time by end of 2005 we will have these.

thanx for your good idea.

Best regards,

Mike Matthews

black mariah

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Most likely they sold out and simply haven't updated the site to reflect this. Carvin has some of the best customer support in the business and I don't see them doing something like this on purpose.

Fret Wire

This wah deal was also posted on HC. My guess is that they were just gobbled up, that's all. When you sell a wah in a decent chassis for that price, it's gonna go quick.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

RDV

When I ordered mine the site didn't say it was sold out, but did the next day. The problem was, I ordered it on a Sunday, so they hadn't updated their site yet. Seems to me they should have offered something as a consolation prize though.

Oh Well.

RDV

jmusser

RDV, I was really hoping when I got back to this thread that you were giving a blow by blow on how well the new and cheap Carvin Wha worked, and that they only had another 100,000 in stock....
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

Fret Wire

Quote from: jmusserRDV, I was really hoping when I got back to this thread that you were giving a blow by blow on how well the new and cheap Carvin Wha worked, and that they only had another 100,000 in stock....

Well, I can deliver on half that request. I ordered mine on the 6th, and got a confirmation email. On the 8th, Carvin called and left a message: they are all sold out, and asked if I wanted any other pedals. I didn't bother calling back till the 14th, and they said they had one, and shipped it! It arrived the 22nd! Sometimes it pays to be slow. Sorry, no additional 100,000 in stock.

I'll have a report in a couple of days, but it's basically just a GCB-95 with a chrome enclosure.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

mrsage

petemoore

As long as no jacks are soldered to the PCB, you should be able to work with it and get yer wah on.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

eddie83

yea, looks like a gd offer for a crybaby shell...