Started by Torchy, December 08, 2004, 11:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

It doesn't look clear to me that the traces would be cut between
 1-8
 2-7
 3-6
 4-5
 of the Opamp pins, is that what the red dots in the red squares mean?
 Yupp, you might want to include a note referring to that.
 Otherwise it looks great, could be I just don't register that marking, is it a known schematic symbol?
 This stuff looks pretty good [stripboard layouts] I'm going to try some next time around !!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Dragonfly

Hi Torchy,
  Nice layout...i've been playing with stripboard (veroboard) a lot lately, as its easy to build, and even easier to debug, should the need arise. Ive recently done layouts for the AMZ Mosfet Boost, Tim Escobedo's Harmonic Jerkulator, a silicon Fuzz Face, and an LPB-1 booster. I'm thinking about starting up a website that just deals in stripboard layouts , so that people that aren't interested in having to "become EE's" can still build pedals to suit their particular tonal needs. I'd be "honored" if i could include any of your layouts on the website. You would of course be credited for any submissions. (and "linked" if you have a website...)
 Andy
 Dragonfly FX

B Tremblay

It would be great if you could also add a note that the schematic is available at runoffgroove.com
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

MartyMart

Nice work torchy !
I'm sure they would be very useful "on-line" somewhere.
Well done !

Marty :D
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

BD13UK

Torchy they will certainly help me bigtime as I dont really have the facilities or knowledge to make pcb's etc, I'd like to attempt something like Jack's AMZ Minibooster if theres a stripboard layout available.
Brian

Dragonfly

Quote from: Torchy
Dragonfly - I'll dig them out and pm you if you want them for your site.

that'd be great ! i'm "quite" sure everyone (including me) would appreciate it !

im working on stripboard layouts today for the kay tremelo, the muff fuzz, the opamp muff, and possibly some sort of envelope filter. my goal is to do projects with low/moderate parts counts, so that a beginner doesnt get intimidated, and has a greater chance for success.

i just think it'd be cool to have a stripboard based fx website :D

aaronkessman

definitely post them here.

I've been using busboard because I like the idea of the V+ and V- running right down the board, but I think veroboard might work better...

mlabbee

Very interesting - this has gotten me interested in playing with stripboard . . . where is a good source to get some?  All my usual sources just seem to have perfboard or partially striped board, but nothing with long continuous strips.  Any suggestions?

Dragonfly

Quote from: BD13UKTorchy they will certainly help me bigtime as I dont really have the facilities or knowledge to make pcb's etc, I'd like to attempt something like Jack's AMZ Minibooster if theres a stripboard layout available.

ive done one for the AMZ Mosfet Boost, but not the Minibooster as of yet.
i need to go through and verify it, but as soon as thats done i can pm you with it.

also, it looks like i'll be starting a website in the very near future that just offers stripboard projects...low/moderate parts count, so as not to intimidate beginners...

here are the layouts that are completed, or done but need verifying...

*AMZ Mostfet Boost
*LPB-1 style boost
*Silicon Fuzz Face
*Tim Escobedos' Harmonic Jerkulator
*Kay Tremelo (working on this one today)
*Opamp Muff (another "today" project)
*Muff Fuzz (yet another "today" project)
*Tube Reamer (Thanks Torchy...you rock !!!!)

some future layouts planned include some sort of envelope filter, an Orange Squeezer compressor, and some more fuzz/overdrive pedals.

also, there will be links to other websites, like Run Off Groove, General Guitar Gadgets, Fuzz Central, etc, etc, where people seeking to go "beyond" what my site offers can find the information they need.

Dragonfly

smashinator

Quote from: mlabbeeVery interesting - this has gotten me interested in playing with stripboard . . . where is a good source to get some?  All my usual sources just seem to have perfboard or partially striped board, but nothing with long continuous strips.  Any suggestions?

Go to http://www.futurlec.com  It's in the "hardware" section.
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Bernard Shaw

http://pizzacrusade.blogspot.com/

javacody

Torchy,
  Glad you're still here.  ;) That layout is awesome.

How do you break the traces, cut them with an exacto/razor?

Also, this looks like a great resource for the community. I've only ever done my builds on perf, but this looks quite a bit simpler. About half as much soldering. Does anyone know if the Shack sells these?

cab42

Hi Torchy & Dragonfly

I am really looking forward to your site.

I recently finished the Tube Reamer on perf, and some of the soldering was'nt that easy (and it certainly did'nt look good after beeing resoldered a couple of times)

I am working on MartyMarts Mod. (Have components, needs time). Maybe I should do this on stripboard. It seems as it demands less soldering.

Regards

Carsten
  • SUPPORTER
"Rick, your work is almost disgusting, it's so beautiful.  Meaning: it's so darned pretty that when I look at my own stuff, it makes me want to puke my guts out."
Ripthorn

Gilles C

I began to save all the layouts I could find for the stripboards on my computer...

Keep them coming. I never was very hot about working on breadboards, and always prefered to etch a pcb from a layout for a while.

But many years ago, my job for a company was to build prototypes on a Veroboard, and then, when it was debugged and working correctly, I had to make the layout for a pcb. I would then build the thing with the final pcb to make sure everything was still ok, and if it was, I would pass the project to the assembling department.

So lately, I realised it was kind of second nature to work with stripboard. Of course, it was a long time ago, so I have to re-learn a few things.

But it was just to let you know that I am glad that some of you began to use them

Gilles C

Dragonfly

Quote from: Gilles CI began to save all the layouts I could find for the stripboards on my computer...

Keep them coming. I never was very hot about working on breadboards, and always prefered to etch a pcb from a layout for a while.

But many years ago, my job for a company was to build prototypes on a Veroboard, and then, when it was debugged and working correctly, I had to make the layout for a pcb. I would then build the thing with the final pcb to make sure everything was still ok, and if it was, I would pass the project to the assembling department.

So lately, I realised it was kind of second nature to work with stripboard. Of course, it was a long time ago, so I have to re-learn a few things.

But it was just to let you know that I am glad that some of you began to use them

Gilles C

if you have any that you'd care to contribute to the "stripboard layout" website i'm working on, i'd be greatly appreciative...and i'd make sure to credit you :)

stripboard is easy, fun, and logical for many projects...thats why its great for beginners....

Gilles C

No problem! Great idea.

I am almost decided now on how I would like redraw my schematics and layouts to put on my site, and I don't mind seeing something I have done on another site... as long as it is still credited to me.  8)

Btw, the really first Mini-Booster (stereo) I built was on a stripboard, but it would be too much work to take it out of the box to draw the layout.  :(

So a new layout would be easier to do... Anybody?  :wink:

Gilles C