News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Double Muff

Started by aron, December 11, 2004, 04:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

Yep, I put that in the message.

"Here you go, there's a mistake. The diode clippers should go to ground, not V+ on the schematic. "

Thanks Mark!

puretube

petemoore: those diodes are in fact decoupled from the collector by the "output cap", if you look closer at the schem that aron posted on the previous page (http://www.montagar.com/~patj/ehbsters.gif)...
:P

aron/Mark (and others...): does it really matter where they`re going,
since they are coupled to the amplifier-circuit only AC-wise,
and "shorted" to ground (AC-wise, again) through the big 50µF cap anyways???
:?:

Ben N

because, of course, I got mine.  I'm at work, so I haven't played it, but I did take a peek inside.  The pots are mounted on the solder side of the board, so I have only looked at the component side.  Of interest thus far: it is true bypass, with a blue 3pdt.  There is no polarity protection.  The trannies are all BC550C.  And there is a 22k paralleled with a medium-sized greenie running from the switch to the input R (2M2).  This looks like a mod, as it is kind of sloppy, and I am getting the pedal used, although the pedal in general is quite clean, no evidence of other mods.  

Also, according to the instructions, the stock switching has the second fuzz on in single mode.  Perversely, the control for that one is labeled  "MUFF 1", and the first one is "MUFF 2".  The slide switch is an Alpha DPDT, but only one side is used.  The pole is connected to the "Muff 1" pot, the wiper of which goes to the output side of the stomp switch.  The throws of the slide switch appear to be connected to the clippers of each fuzz, respectively.  Doesn't that mean that the first fuzz is the one that is on in single mode?

Well, as soon as Steve gets back I guess I will order some sockets, if I can't find some in the house.  I have some 2N2369, so I think a YAFF in one of the slots (without clippers) would be good.  Any suggestions whether to put this first or last?

Aron-any news from your end?

Ben
  • SUPPORTER

Ben N

Oops, I just looked at the YAFF schematic, and I guess that wont work--the Muff Fuzz doesn't have Rs on the emitters of Q1 & Q2, among other additional components that wont fit on the EH board.
  • SUPPORTER