Favorite new DIY supply

Started by jimbob, December 12, 2004, 12:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

That would now have to be J$B Weld. This is liquid steel that is Very easy to set up (if you bought the cheaper stuff) or the pre-made ready to go stuff. You just apply ot like you would Glue? or Bondo? And it sets. But it is also sandable so you can smooth out the surface in order to paint. I had a few boxes I had found in the past with holes to large to fill with anything that wouldnt fall out or look tacky. Also I had boxes that I drilled too many holes into or the holes were in the wrong place- This stoff solved the problem for well under 4 US dollars.

http://www.handsontools.com/store-products-Welding-Cutting-Accessories-Safety-Anti-Spatter-JBW8265S-%3Cfont-color=red%3E%3Cb%3EJ-B-Weld-Welding-Compound%3C-b%3E%3C-font%3E_39335.html

description-Product Name:        J-B Weld Welding Compound
Description:     J-B Weld Welding Compound.
Water-proof and petroleum, chemical and acid resistant. J-B Weld withstands temperatures up to 500 degrees F and bonds to virtually any combination of iron, steel, copper, aluminum, brass, bronze, pewter, porcelain, ceramic, marble, glass, plastic, concrete, fiberglass, wood, fabric, paper and just about any other material.
Can be used as an adhesive, laminate, plug, filler, sealant and electrical insulator.
It stays pliable about 30 minutes, sets in 4-6 hours and fully cures in 15-24 hours.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

snorky

I've used Bondo for the same thing, and you can sand it in 1/2 hour!

- Mark
Elephants are the new skulls.