Tim's Uglyface is scary & I've got issues

Started by primalphunk, December 13, 2004, 09:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

primalphunk

Just built an uglyface board from a shematic listed as v.4 from3/02.  This thing is wonderfully insane  :D  but I've got some issues with the pedal whining and squealing.   :(  

It's not in a box yet, I also didn't use shielded wire on the inputs and outputs yet and I've not been overly careful about keeping the wires for the input & output away from each other.  I'll have to fix all that.  What else could be causing the problem?  Anyone have some ideas?  :idea:  

I don't think it's the self-oscillating mode that I'm getting into and confusing with a whine but it seems to be tied to the threshold control and maybe is a little interactive with the frequency pot.

I'm about to search this site for any older messages that may be of help.  Again...any other clues that you can provide will be appreciated.

peace,
James

RDV

High-Gain + the issues raised in the 2nd paragraph of your post.

RDV

primalphunk

Quote from: RDVHigh-Gain + the issues raised in the 2nd paragraph of your post.

RDV

So slap it in a box, shield carefully & watch where I'm running those wires...It really just might be that easy to take care of?  

woooohoooo!  :lol:  I'm home free, baby!  yeah!!!

jmusser

Yeah, just putting it in an enclosure helps a bunch. When I built the Rex's Fuzz, it was picking up radio and shrieking and sqawling like a howler monkey! Just putting it in a box and shortening up the input and output wires fixed all that.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".