Another Tube Reamer Build -- pics !

Started by MartyMart, December 13, 2004, 12:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

I Built another reamer, as my first one was my first build ! and was a rats nest of wires !
This has a nice "Blue LED" and will have a 9v PSU input also.
I used Torchy's veroboard layout, which is nice and neat !
Thanks Torchy and the guy's at R.O.G for the design.
Enjoy,
Marty.

http://www.pbase.com/image/37457004
http://www.pbase.com/martymart/image/37457006
http://www.pbase.com/martymart/image/37457009
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

lightningfingers

Looks nice, how do you make those labels? Ive always wondered....
U N D E F I N E D

Kleber AG

Really cool
I liked the finishing look/paint/color.

But I'd love to see pictures of the insides as well 8)

Wich jacks are those? Where have you got them?

Thanks for the pics!
Kleber AG

lightningfingers

those jacks look like Maplin specials to me :wink:
U N D E F I N E D

MartyMart

Thanks guy's  :D
I could'nt be bothered to take it apart again ! so no inside pic, its quite neat though, thanks to Torchy's veroboard layout ( thanks again )
Labels are a small cheap "Dymo" printer, like RDV uses, very "Pete Cornich"  !!!!
The jacks are NOT Maplins, they are the slightly better "RS" version !! :wink:
They are about £1 each, so i wont be getting anymore of those !!
The ESR ones for me next time .

Cheers,
Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

Dylan

Quote from: lightningfingersthose jacks look like Maplin specials to me :wink:

MonkeyFX use those same jacks (Neutrik) and from my experience they are very reliable.

MartyMart

Quote from: Dylan
Quote from: lightningfingersthose jacks look like Maplin specials to me :wink:

MonkeyFX use those same jacks (Neutrik) and from my experience they are very reliable.

I think that those "RS" jacks are indeed Neutrik, they are well made and have removable "collar rings" so you can line them up well in any enclosure.

Marty.

jayp5150

I'm not sure if you guys can order from Parts Express in Europe, but they have those jacks for about $.89 USD, IIRC.  I just used some, and they seem to be really nice.

Luckily, I have a parts express showroom 10 minutes from me.

you can check about shipping at www.partsexpress.com

Paul Marossy

I like the simplistic nature of it. Goes along with the circuit.  8)

MartyMart

Quote from: Paul MarossyI like the simplistic nature of it. Goes along with the circuit.  8)

Yes, simple but oh so good !
The reamer is a "killer"  I've used/owned every "TS" stomper, and sold my 1980 '808 for enough cash to buy an amp ! ( wish I'd bought 30 of them! ) the reamer out performs all of them !  NO kidding
ROG have done a great job with that "simple" circuit, the bottom end rolling off as you up the gain is FAB !!

"All Hail"  :wink:

Marty.

Paul Marossy

Hmmm... sounds like a cool circuit. Everyone certainly seems to love it. I may have to build it sometime...  :shock:

moritz

Wow! That's a mighty nice and clean looking build! What type of paint did you use?  :)

MartyMart

Quote from: more_beerWow! That's a mighty nice and clean looking build! What type of paint did you use?  :)

That enclosure is made by "BimBox" I think they are UK made, they come like that!,  but you can get the same effect if you use "Hammerite" paint, it gives you that nice "bubbly" effect and is so easy to get on a box.
They cost about 2 bucks more than "plain" and I like the look, also painting/finishing can be a PITA, sometimes I just dont have the time :cry:
You just "drill it and fill it !"

Marty.