New Pedalboard Lineup

Started by RDV, December 13, 2004, 02:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDV

I've discovered that the Thunderchief really sounds good into my Marshall's lower gain channel, so I've redone my pedalboard yet again and got a really cool surprise* out of it all.

I'm going: wah, TC(both gains @ 12:00), Easyvibe, BSIAB2, English Channel(which stays on with both gains @ 12:00). When I turn on the TC in front of the Easyvibe, it's Bridge of Sighs time.

The TC by itself has a nice cutting Marshall growl. The BSIAB2 is set for a big whomping high-gain sound.

*When I turn them all on at once, it's Jimi @ Woodstock baby!

Now I just need to get my EA Trem tuned(it was muffly last time I tried it) in properly, and slap it back in there, and I'll be set.

RDV

MartyMart

Thats cool, i was considering a thunderchief, but think I'll do your HMPV6 first !!
Any chance of a few "Jimmy takes your woodstock head off" sound clips ??

Marty. :D
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

jimbob

Im getting a little distortion when i hit the strings harder than ussual. Anyone have this problem or had this  or know of a fix?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

RDV

Quote from: jimbobIm getting a little distortion when i hit the strings harder than ussual. Anyone have this problem or had this  or know of a fix?
Which version?

RDV

jimbob

Its the GGG version. I love that pedal!
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

RDV

Quote from: jimbobIts the GGG version. I love that pedal!
You may be overdriving the JFET at the input, that's why I like the one at ROG, cause you can nail it with no distortion.

RDV

jimbob

EA Tremolo Mods

Rev 1.0,  Rob Strand (c) 2001

The EA tremolo has too much gain and this causes the circuit to clip.
These simple mods reduce the gain which prevents clipping.
The behaviour of the circuit is otherwise unchanged.

Mods:

* change the 12k on the collector to 4k7
   * change the 82k on the base to ground to 150k

Good luck jimbob 8)