Some pedals from my collection [pics]

Started by kojjum, December 14, 2004, 04:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kojjum

Here's some of the predals I made for my pedalboard. I named them after traditional swedish  dishes like blodpudding(ts-clone), isterband(dist+ clone), pyttipanna(microamp-clone) and so on. Funny for us swedes. Blodpudding by the way is made of blood from the pig. I looks like a sole from a well used shoe:-)

Here's a link with more images: http://www.industriverktyg.se/jens/stove/

//jens
Never repair stuff that ain't broken!

Burstbucker

Kojjum-

Nice job on those pedals, excellent!  It must have been tricky cutting those slots for those slider switches, no?

kojjum

You bet! Drilled two 4 mm holes and did the rest with a small file. Took me about one hour to do all three. My fist thought was to leave the holes with round ends but the knob was attached to a rectangular plastic slider so it had to be rectangular instead.

//jens

MartyMart

Very nice work !! :wink:
We have the same thing in the UK called "Black Pudding"  nasty stuff!!
Are the decals T-shirt or water slide decals? they look great !
And which foot switches are those? (3DPDT or DPDT) they look nice and small.

Marty 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

MR COFFEE

Jens,

Really nice work!!!!!!!!!

Please tell us how you got such a smooth  paint job and beautiful lettering?
Bart

D Wagner

Jens,

Wow!  Beautiful builds.

Can you tell us a little more about each pedal?

Is your wiring as clean and professional as the outsides?

Those are great looking pedals.

Derek

KevinHart

Really good looking boxes.  Some details of wht each one is/based on would be nice

Marty I have to disagree Black pudding is wonderful!

Dirk_Hendrik

More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

kojjum

Marty: The switch is APEM DPDT http://www.elfa.se/elfa-bin/setpage.pl?http://www.elfa.se/elfa-bin/dyndok.pl?vat=0&dok=2004146.htm.

The overlay is made from a transparent decal sheet that I run though a clolor laser copier, Canon CLC 3200. I should have put a layer or two with clear coat but I didn't so they can get some scratches.

The Blodpudding is based on the TonePad TS clone, Isterband is a TonePad Masdistor, Pyttipanna is a TonePad Ampotor and the Smörgåsbord is the TonePad SinAmp 2.2. Made the Stove brand as a hoax to the naming of the pedals 8)

//jens

Marcos - Munky

Cool!! I liked them a lot. The Sansamp clone is beautiful.

kojjum

MR COFFEE: The painting is done with spraycans...usually. The red one is Standox 2K automotive paint done with proffessional airgun. i sand the aluminum and put two or three coats of basecoat that could be sanded. Then a couple of coats with the color.

D Wagner: Here's a picture of the inside of one of the clones...the MXR Phase 45, named Palt. This was the second of my builds. More on the ling in my original post.

//jens

Mark Hammer

Beautiful and classy looking!!  Must make for a beautiful pedal board.  Loving attention to detail.  The shine on the paint is wonderful.  My finishes tend to look like Victor Yuschenko!  

Beginners note:  There is a LOT you can do with a 1590B, and you don't need to be Zachary Vex to do it.

Paul Marossy

arielfx

Phorhas

Electron Pusher

Peter Snowberg

Beautiful creations! :D :D :D

They really look wonderful! 8)
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Johan

..looks great...I bet you bring the blodpudding when you go to the lingonberry-jam?...and that the pyttipanna sits just right in the red-beat.. :lol:

vart i stockholm?..själv är jag i farsta..riktigt impad av bilderna, mina boxar brukar se ut som skit..hehe

ha're'

Johan
DON'T PANIC

pyrotek

:shock: WOW!!! I would never stomp on those beauties :)

Satch12879

Hey koj,

Yeah, pork does make the world go round, doesn't it? ;)
Passive sucks.

Progressive Sound, Ltd.
progressivesoundltd@yahoo.com

MR COFFEE

Just as nice inside as out! Beuatiful work.

Thanks for the report on your paint job and pro-looking lettering. What transparent decal stock did you use? Did you cover the whole top?

Thanks,
Bart