Started by Regan, December 16, 2004, 06:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regan

snorky

Beautiful.  Wonder how they do that??

- Mark
Elephants are the new skulls.

Ge_Whiz

Chemically etched similar to a PCB - probably using hot caustic soda.

Dragonfly

Quote from: Ge_WhizChemically etched similar to a PCB - probably using hot caustic soda.

actually, IIRC, theyre  just "decalled"...i remember seeing those a while back, and i thought they might be etched as well, but i seem to remember the maker chiming in and saying they were decals...you might find the thread by searching harmony central...

Paul Marossy

Whatever the method, they look cool!  8)

Dragonfly

Quote from: Paul MarossyWhatever the method, they look cool!  8)

yeah, theyre definitely beautiful !

LinuxMan

Hey.

And it oughta sound really good by the looks of it. I mean, the original spec
hand selected wire is a thing you just can't go without in a good clone pedal
project...  :roll:

Did that come up in a mojo thread?

Cheers
LM

Torchy

Paul Marossy

Quote"Optimum wires with different cores and insulations are used for each input and output for transmitting the different input/output signals without a loss and minimizing the noise problems due to a weak current."

Sounds like something advertising some hi-fi equipment...
Oh, wait a minute! They forgot the special knobs!?

1wahfreak

That's an embossing technique they use to get that pattern. It's just a piece of heavy aluminum foil (with adhesive on the back) that's pressed into a die with a particular pattern. Do a search for embossing and they have all kinds of kits to roll your own.

Paul Marossy

Yeah, looking at the picture again, I would agree that it looks like it is embossed.

Jason Stout

Jason Stout

Dragonfly

Quote from: Paul MarossyYeah, looking at the picture again, I would agree that it looks like it is embossed.

it does, but im almost positive that the maker of the pedals stated that they were decals...i'll search for the thread on HC, but they delete the archives regularly...

Dragonfly

actually, if you visit the page, and click on the "more info" button, you'll eventually see a closeup of the decal...its definitely a decal because you can clearly see the black, grey, and white lines in it...embossing and engraving, if im not mistaken, will not have pure white highlights....

Paul Marossy

Well, OK then, a decal that looks embossed...  :wink:
Whatever it is, it looks cool.  8)

Dragonfly

Quote from: Paul MarossyWell, OK then, a decal that looks embossed...  :wink:
Whatever it is, it looks cool.  8)

1000000000% agreed on that :)

sharp lookin' boxes !