Because it TOTALLY ROXX !!!

Started by petemoore, December 16, 2004, 01:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

[This is an answer to the thread: "Why do you build stompboxes"].
 ...and you can be Totally certain of 'it'...whatever 'it' may be...
 ...then hwhen that is percieved to be just under the line of 'totality of rockingness', you mod it', or build an even better one.
 This is a way overgeneralization, because once I start, 'it', [DIY-ing] 'it' is rarely any one thing.
 Today, for me, 'it' is a Vox Wah, a Jfet Booster, a Big Muff Pi, and a sort of large box, 3 bypasses, 4 knobs, all slightly modded, very close to totally Rockin', wah just needs 1 or 2 adjustments, I think 'it'll be there'.
   8) ...[ :D ]... 8)
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Paul Marossy

Well, speaking for myself, I can be kind of fickle when it comes to "what roxs". One week I'll love a Fuzz Face, next week it seems not quite right to me. Same for many other circuits that I generally like. There is a few that I always come back to, though.

I think that is part of it for me, the reason why the search for the perfect tone is never ending is because my tastes are kinda fickle and I am always intrigued by some circuit or another. So, of course, I build them!

I need help...  :oops:

petemoore

Yupp I'm going for the Double Muff today !!! I don't even have a static schematic...just going to start wiring transistor muff's...sockets as per usual, long legged resistors of 'top' value so I can easily try trims wherever...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.