Wah Wah troubleshooting

Started by marcipicus, December 16, 2004, 04:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcipicus

I just bought a gcb-95 wah pedal, and when i hooked it up with a somewhat fresh 9-volt there was no effect when moving the pedal and the output was reduced alot. I also never heard a click when i was moving the pedal so i was thinking that might be the problem.

Any help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated

vanhansen

First thing I would do is take it back and exchange it.  Try it out in the store before walking out with it.
Erik

jimbob

Better yet- Get your money back- go to either Tonepad.com, generalguitargadgets.com, or Phillips site, and build your own. Trust me-you wont believe how much better they sound! I just finished mine adding all kinds of mods and it was MUCH easier than i thought. Youll need a shell to put in in though. Anyway, Sounds like you have a bad 4.7 electro that can be replaced with anything between a 4.7 and 22uf- or you have a bad inductor in which case they suck anyhow and Aron sells good ones at this site for a hell of a deal (15.75$usd)
goodluck
jimbob
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"