BC109B and NTE123A pinouts

Started by Greg M., December 16, 2004, 06:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

Mouser gives a cross reference to NTE123A when you type in BC109B.  Does this mean the pinouts are the same on both?
Thanks,
Greg

petemoore

the ones I have are, the tab on the lid indicates emitter
 But if you're DMM has an Hfe checker you can find what any of your bipolars are, npn, pnp, gain not leakage measurement.  I believe that's DC gain.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Greg M.

Thanks Pete.  I've never used that function but it sounds pretty useful.  I'm off to try it now.

petemoore

I built a better socket for mine.
 Just a socket, a very small piece of perf [enough to hole a 3 pin socket strip], then, used solid core wires sticking out the bottom for the 3 pins.  These stick well down into the DMM socket, and make it Alot easier [or possible] to get Q Hfe readings.
 The DMM's contacts are like way down inside the DMM [no contact can be made on my Q's which I clipped the legs shorter on], and this makes it much easier to connect the transistors to the meter. I can push the legs of the Q at a 45 degree angle and get a reading without having to even push the leads 'in' the socket.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

bwanasonic

Thanks for the tip Pete! Many a time I have cursed that damn HFE socket on my DMM! Once in desperation, I stuck 3 pieces of solid core in there, and clipped alligator clip jumpers onto those, and clipped the other ends on a tranny I had trimmed.

Kerry M