TS-808 tone contol question

Started by littlestevie, December 17, 2004, 01:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlestevie

Hi evrybody,

I made the TS-808 from tonepad and I found the tone control strange.
When I turn it left, there is more bass : it's normal. But if I turn it right It does nothing comparing to the middle position........ It doesn't increase treble.
Is it normal ?? or Is there a problem, if yes from where it can come?

petemoore

Wierd pot taper for that one...
 I never got one 'right', opting for modded TS type versions for building, because they can be used to better avail IMO.
 The second TS I Tried, I got the 'zone' I wanted as far as freq response, but that knob, the tone knob worked 'funny' and only a little bit...I just built those resistances around or through [by trying fixed resistors] it 'till it got enough treble to pass.
 Another time I actually went as far as to use two 10K pots for tone controlling...funkae...worked ok, 'wierd' tho...end up doing alot of ? ing and knob dialing...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

littlestevie

Realy strange.....
In fact the problem is that I have too muche bass and treble to my taste, what can I do to fix this ?

petemoore

CUt Bass...increase value of signal path series resistors like input / output caps or stage couplers.
 Cut Treble...increase or add a capacitor from signal path to ground, larger values cut more treble.
  Check out simple mods and tips from Arons Stompbox homepage.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.