Wah Enclosures

Started by LeeM, December 17, 2004, 03:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeM

hi, does anyone know where to get them? :?

smashinator

Do a search for "wah shell" and all will be revealed.
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Bernard Shaw

http://pizzacrusade.blogspot.com/

lightningfingers

buy a cheapo volume pedal  8)
U N D E F I N E D

puretube

this thread reminds me again... :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

EdJ

jimbob

Go to ebay- wahs sellVery cheap there -and youll have a few parts left over for other ones. Gcb-95's are a dime a dozen there. Ive sold a few there and its hard to get a decent price.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

jmusser

Yeah, I asked the same question the other day, so it's my thread back about a week ago. I finally got a Cry Baby for $9.95 off Ebay, with the guts still in it, and no bottom cover (and very little paint). But, it's exactly what you need to work with. The cosmetic stuff is no problem, but making that box would take you awhile. I had planned on doing it out of a couple pieces of 3" aluminum channel, and the rack and pinion from Small Bear, if I couldn't eventually get a deal on a shell. I may eventually do it, just to see if I can. There have been a gob of non-working shells on Ebay lately. mine was so beat up, I was the only one who ever bid on it! Now that's a perfect shell!
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

jimbob

great deal! I sold an empty 535q shell w no bottom for 30$ on ebay! It was  in new shape- but no guts or bottom- or ANYTHING! Im thinking about doing the same soon. I think ill sell my new 535q and use the cash to buy a good inductor, a cheap used dunlop shell, ect.. Im almost certain itll at sound more like what i want.
Id sand off the shell real good and buy some hammered finished Rustoleum black or grey and re paint it. As far as having  no bottom- no biggie. I always have mine off as im constantly experimenting with different components.
MY IDEA/GOAL IS TO EXPERIMENT ECT..TILL I OR WE CREATE THE BEST WAH OUT THERE. AND WHY NOT? I DONT NEED TO PAY FOR SOME OVER PRICED WAH WHEN I CAN STRIVE TO EXCEED IT. Ok. Im sure the point is taken-no more caps :P
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"