Fuzz Face w/ diode feedback loop

Started by jayp5150, December 17, 2004, 12:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayp5150

I've searched for this, but everything is referring to shunting diodes to ground after Q2.  I was wanting to do a FF-based circuit with a switchable diode feedback loop on Q2 (like the muffer or bazz fuss).

Has anyone done this?  And would it be better to do it on Q1, or Q2?  I was figuring Q2, since this is where the fuzz is coming from in the 1st place, right?  I was thinking that if I put it on Q1, it would add a bit of grit, but lower the signal hitting Q2, which would end up having a marginal effect overall.

Am I on base here?  Any help/opinions are appreciated.

petemoore

Ill chime on this one, since I don't really know exactly what's going on there. Sometimes just getting a little conversation going novice style gets the 'now how to's to straighten things out !!!
 Q1 C does get up to enough voltage to make difference from ground to reach threshold.
 I go and read tech of FF again...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

B Tremblay

B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

jayp5150

I guess what I was talking about is similar to what's used in the BMP.

I'll just try it and see what happens.

*pulls hand back from ruler slap*   :wink:  (just kidding)

B Tremblay

Please understand, I wasn't saying "never mind, it's already been done," but rather "here's how someone else approached it."
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

jayp5150

Oh, I know, I was just playing around.  Sorry if that came across wrong.  No hard feelings at all.

I'm still in the wide part of the learning curve, yet I'm not content to build stuff exactly like it is on the schematic.  That's the hot rodder in me.