You want Fender, Marshall, Vox sound, you got it!!

Started by Duff, December 18, 2004, 01:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duff

I had a problem with my Laney amp, I needed to do some twitching with the knobs while playing and it was very difficult to do both and obtain a good result, so I  came up with an idea. I would dismantel my amp, copy its preamp section, print it, shuv it in a box, and walla! Laney distortion in a stomp 8) . Well, not so easy, :(  I opened the amp took a look at the pcb, and noticed, spiderwebs, and a whole lot of nasty tricks and work that prevented me from having the job done. Those bastards make the pcb look like a real f*ckin´ maze, first of all its doble sided, then the traces go round and round making me dizzy, it has trick solderings in very small sapces, unmarked parts, those tiny squared resistors, caps and trans, etc., can someone help me with these?
So I started mapping the thing and my brain battery depleted. So I took another amp, this time I was half way through and the same thing happened. After some months I decided to give it one more try when I found a Kustom little amp with a killer metal distortion, the only bummer was the small size of the speaker, it would rock with my amp and the pcb is not so hard, so I´m going for all three.
I guess that it´s a good way to achieve different ditortion sounds. So I´m going to get back to work, by the way, do any of you have solid state amp schems, they´re impossible to get on the web, tube valves are unknown words where I live, and tube amps are a myth in the stores.
If someone has a Laney Hardcore HC-25 schem please pass it to me!

PS: in one of the amps there´s like a big green resistor with no color stripes, but a spiral undernaeth the paint, I can´t read it all but it says 0.1 ohms and something else.

Duff

Sorry, forgot, so in order to make the tittle make sense, debug your amp or get the schem, put it in a box and share them!

bwanasonic

You want to go to www.runoffgroove.com and check out their *JFET amp sims in a box*. There is not specifically a Laney sim, but I think you will find enough to keep you busy for a while.

If tubes and tube amps were unavailable where I lived, I'd move!  :lol:

No, really...

Kerry M

Duff

Doesn´t matter where I move, the prices are unavailable to most of of us, the best I know from one of my friends is an 8080? Marshall with 1 tube in the preamp section. :cry: