Anyone see this ??

Started by AL, December 28, 2004, 01:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AL

george

it looks uncannily similar to a Hotcake ....

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

"I could go on with my goofy Hype-blabber"
now this is 'honesty in advertising' indeed :wink:

Fret Wire

Only a matter of time before that happened. Probably not the exact same ckt, but surely influenced by the Eighteen. At least the big companies wouldn't bother stealing that, they aren't going deal with biasing JFET's. Too bad he doesn't post here, it would be fun to ask him where he got the idea...over and over and over. :twisted:

I don't see where it would hurt him to admit in his adwork that it was inspired by the work of ROG and others, and he is now bringing it to the masses. But then he does scorn small builders in his ads though. Most of us don't begrudge him for being successful, but he scorns those who are small, and came up with most of the stuff he uses without giving credit to.

Next week he's going to invent the Distortion +. :lol:
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

AL

I don't really want to point any fingers. I haven't seen the circuit, obviously, but it just seems like too much of a coincidence.

AL

Mark Hammer

I wouldn't make too much of this.  There is currently a great deal of interest in the 18 watt Marshall and JTM 45.  That shows up here, and it also shows up in requests from his clients.  In our camp it manifests itself in someone attempting a solid-state simulation, but there is no law that requires Fuller to NOT be similarly intrigued.  Sometimes chronological coincidences ARE coincidences, and sometimes people end up tweaking the same things because that's what there IS to be tweaked.  In the end, a decent commercial product has to not only be a great idea, but well built and dependable.  Many, many people can attest to the latter when it comes to Fulltone stuff, even if they can't attest to the former.  Myself, I have plenty of great original ideas that still don't work dependably.

MartyMart

I know there are those here who, for some reason dont like "Mr Fulltone"
but I have no reason to feel that way, I dont own any of his products, but have heard good things about the quality and reliabillity.
It may well be a "ROG" influenced circuit, or it may not !.
Anyone who can design/build/sell and have some commercial success, is doing something right and is so far, better than me at it !  :wink:
Could you put your house/Family/job on the line for a piece of that ?

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Satch12879

Quote from: Fret WireOnly a matter of time before that happened. Probably not the exact same ckt, but surely influenced by the Eighteen. At least the big companies wouldn't bother stealing that, they aren't going deal with biasing JFET's. Too bad he doesn't post here, it would be fun to ask him where he got the idea...over and over and over. :twisted:

I don't see where it would hurt him to admit in his adwork that it was inspired by the work of ROG and others, and he is now bringing it to the masses. But then he does scorn small builders in his ads though. Most of us don't begrudge him for being successful, but he scorns those who are small, and came up with most of the stuff he uses without giving credit to.

Next week he's going to invent the Distortion +. :lol:

I begrudge Fuller because he's a douchebag.  At least Mario Marino from Axess-Electronics, Steen Skrydstrup from Skrydstrup R&D, John Suhr of Suhr Guitar are humble about their (sizeable) success.  Hell, they even post to some of the forums online and will answer your email about any question regarding their gear.  These guys are proof that you don't have to be a pushy, cut-throat dick to make it in this business.  The trick is simply having a good product and not caring about competing and snuffing out the other guy.
Passive sucks.

Progressive Sound, Ltd.
progressivesoundltd@yahoo.com

AL

I wasn't knocking the guy. I have nothing against Fulltone. He sells a good deal of pedals so he must be doing something right. Other than thinking it's a huge coincidence I have no other knowledge of the pedal. So I don't really think I'm qualified to make any comments other than that one.

AL

Ge_Whiz

Still, at least we all now know one more way to save the best part of $179...  :twisted:

radio

Just a matter of time! the ol story size does matter.
In that case where will he put a rectifier or a soldano ?
However he just preceeds follows a fashion,recording
tools for PC crave for this piece of autheticity not
only by fulltone,started by the likes of Sansamps.
I guess there is new room was made by digital
recording for analog feel at least to input jack off
soundcard( pun intended )
But who would just buy a Sansamp with no switch
as a one amp wonder??

JME
Keep on soldering!
And don t burn fingers!