troublerats new site [atleast its a beginning] w/sound clips

Started by donald stringer, December 28, 2004, 09:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donald stringer

http://www.geocities.com/donaldstringer/donaldssoundfiles.html  Would someone go check this out and to see if you can here my sound clips. I finally figured out a few basics. Constructive critism welcome[be nice now] :wink:   You can hit the my favorites at the bottm and it will take you back to my main page.
troublerat

Fret Wire

I heard the first clip, then your bandwith was exceeded before I could hear the second one. A little background noise, and something that sounded like a speaker farting out (twice), but still..... very clear and ambient. :)
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Marcos - Munky

Great to hear that you got to upload the soundfiles. Cool clips. There's a little noise in the background, but I believe that this is because you used the amp near the PC. At least here, when I use my amp near the PC, I can hear noise.

MartyB

Hey Don,
 Nice work on your site.  I think that's the first time I've actually streamed a .wav file.  That last track is very reminiscent of the Todd Rundgren riff from 'Couldn't I just Tell You"....
MartyB

donald stringer

Could someone explain to me about the bandwidth thing? Your right about the amp being next to the pc. I usedwindows 98 sound recorder to record the clips. It actualy worked out better than I hoped for allthough its a little restrictive, but its the most simple solution at the time. I have power tracks pro -audio version 6 but it was a little complicated for what I wanted to do. When I play the clips back through my connection the first one plays choppy but when the sound is `fully downloaded it plays smoothly. I guess its a decent start, the next step is to clean up the sound ,eliminate stray noises. I miced the amp with a shure 57 because I was trying to capture  as close as possible to what I might actually play somewhere in the event that I actually did. Could someone recomend a userfriendly free mp3  guitar recording software that would be appropriate for what I am doing? I tried recording  just the effect into sound card but you loose the effect of an amp being in the chain.
troublerat

Marcos - Munky

When lots of people visit your site and download files, it exceed the bandwidth. It's a damn thing, but Geocities it's a free hoster. When this happens, the site returns in about half of a hour.