A decent deal

Started by jimbob, December 29, 2004, 01:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

Tonight I bought  Boss ds-1 to modify at www.samash.com for 39.99 NO TAxES AND NO SHIPPING CHARGES-  and they took Paypal. NOt a bad deal.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Fret Wire

Thanks for the tip! :)  You are like a drug dog when if comes to sniffing out great bargains on pedals!
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

MartyMart

Quote from: jimbobTonight I bought  Boss ds-1 to modify at www.samash.com for 39.99 NO TAxES AND NO SHIPPING CHARGES-  and they took Paypal. NOt a bad deal.

WOW !
The cheapest I can get one for is £35 !! thats over 60 bucks !
Think I'll move to the US. . . . soon !!

Er, anyone need a good English programmer/Producer ???
Green Card help also required !!

Marty :D
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

KORGULL

If you have a Sam Ash nearby, get on their mailing list. They are always having sales and send out flyers listing some of the deals. I picked up a DS-1 a few years ago there for $19.99!

vanhansen

That's been the average street price for years.  I picked one up back in '96 for the same price from GC.  They had a table full of them.  Elderly Music sells them for the same price.
Erik

jimbob

The price is average- no shipping and tax= (priceless)  that ROCKS!
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Fret Wire

Quote from: jimbobThe price is average- no shipping and tax= (priceless)  that ROCKS!

Right you are. It's $46 (with shipping) from Musician's Friend. Funny, the SD-1 used to be 39.95 also, but went up recently. Too bad, you could make at least three other ckts from it.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

petemoore

I remember they had a Barrel full of these at Lentines, 25$ a pop, was about 7 years past now...great deal...too bad I already had one I paid 45 for.
 39$ for all that is certainly a bargain these days. Some parts and deliberate carefulness makes it one fine Fuzz too !!!
 I never should have sold the old one I had that rocked, I would have liked to have compared to this newer one I have that doesn't [really doesn't]: in a "post moddem" report.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.