Slight Changes to HMP

Started by RDV, December 30, 2004, 01:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDV

I changed the input cap to .1uF and the very last cap to 10uF after playing my strat through it. It seemed to make it sound a little more full. I would suggest these changes to anyone who's built it, hell, you may as well socket the whole f-ing thing! :wink:

RDV

Davide

I'm still strugglin' with the volume recovery  :lol:  then i'll try this changes too  :D

RDV

Quote from: DavideI'm still strugglin' with the volume recovery  :lol:  then i'll try this changes too  :D
I'm sorry to hear that, you make this on a small piece of perf as a last resort. Then hook it between where C14 & C15 normally go.

RDV

Davide

OH.. MY.. GOD... please dont kill me.. but i've just found the problem... and it was a really stupid one  :oops:

it was in the only place i've never looked at...

a very very small piece of soldering material was groundin' the 820ohm resistor output :/

so the sound i've always heard was comin' from ground and nothing was reaching the transistor..  It was nearly invisible and i found it connecting the output jack to every trace in the signal path... before the 820ohm R the signal was loud and clear... then.. puff..

thank you for your help ! i'm going to test the (i hope) final workin' version ^_^

RDV

Davide

OK it works GREAT :)

i need to buy caps for last changes but here is 19:40 pm.. so i'll finish the whole thing... next year  :D