Cheap 1% 1/4 Watt Metal Film Resistors

Started by Joe Hart, December 30, 2004, 04:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Hart

Can anyone recommend a good place to get a nice assortment? I don't want to end up with tons of strange values, but wouldn't mind a few wierd ones. Or should I just buy from Mouser? Also, what part number? When I do a search on Mouser's site, hundreds come up! Thanks.
-Joe Hart

SirPoonga

sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but your question makes me think of a related question.  Does mouser have grab bags?  RadioShack has a package of various resistors, caps, pots, etc...

MartyB

Hal

i've gotten some of the mouser ones with this high temp coefficent.  They work. I'm not one for tight specs - they're like 3 cents each in one's.  Cheepest resistors mouser has for low quantities.  

Sorry, no part number.  You're right, the sight is a mess.  You should be able to find it easily in the catalog though.  I would look it up for you, but mines upstairs :(

jimbob

I hate radioshack but they did have an asortment of 50 metal film resistors variety pack for bout 5 dollars. As it turned out i needed pretty much what it came with. !st decent deal i got from them in a long time.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

bigjonny

Quote from: HalYou're right, the sight is a mess.

At Mouser, I find that if you search for the value(s) you want its no problem, once you understand their (fairly standard) notation.  E.g., search for a 500k resistor by typing "500k", after you navigate at the site, like so:
MouserPassive ComponentsResistorsMetal Film Resistors - Axial Leaded 1/4W 1% Metal Film Resistors

You should be able to find whatever you want.

D Wagner

Quote from: Joe HartCan anyone recommend a good place to get a nice assortment? I don't want to end up with tons of strange values, but wouldn't mind a few wierd ones. Or should I just buy from Mouser? Also, what part number? When I do a search on Mouser's site, hundreds come up! Thanks.
-Joe Hart

Futurlec  
They sell 10 metal film 1% resistors for $0.20, so you can order your own assortment of values that you will really use.  Their carbon film resistors are 10 for $0.10.

I got a RS resistor assortment a few years ago, and I have a huge bag of odd values left.  It has paid off for non stompbox projects, though.

Derek

MartyB

At the link I posted above you can get 10 each of 61 different values for less than two cents apiece.  No hunting.

MartyB
8)