Octave Up Sick Box Schematic

Started by jmusser, December 30, 2004, 02:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmusser

I'm not sure what you're asking, but if you mean in general, electolytics can only be put in the circuit one way, that's a yes. Generally if they mount vertically (radial I think), one of the sides will have arrows with a - pointing to the negative lead. If it's horizonal (axial I think) then It usually has negative arrows too, but one side will go to the case, and the other + lead goes through an insulator on the other side. On the OUSB, I used electrolytics for the large value capacitors, like the 100uf, and 10uf. On the 100uf caps you can tell what side goes to ground. On the 10uf caps the leads that go to the diodes and 33k resistors are the ground leads. As for whoever wanted to know if it was a clean octave up, that's a no. This is fuzz all the time, and there's very little clean octave up to speak of, even on the E,B, & G strings. So far, the very best clean octave up sound sample I've ever heard is Scott Swartz's Octave Screamer, although I've never built it.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".