Vestax MDX digital delay/modulation woe's ?

Started by MartyMart, December 30, 2004, 07:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this stompbox.
I picked one up "broken" and its a fairly packed circuit board !
One of the large 330uf caps was leaking "yellow powder" so I've popped in a new one, still doesn't power up.
The switch has been replaced with a wierd "cheap" looking thing, so I'll also swop that out with a "Boss" type switch I have spare.
There's one large surface mounted chip, MN51007SGA but the rest looks familiar and is accessible.
Anyone have any obvious fixes/known problems to chip in with ?

Thanks,
Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

lightningfingers

A series of good Google searches later I couldn't find anything useful on that chip, I THINK its out of production (from a japanese website). If one of the caps was bad you can probably bet they all are, I would replace them all(electro's only, other types seem to last longer).

Good luck 8)
U N D E F I N E D

MartyMart

I spent an hour or two yesterday going ovet the two boards, there was a ceramic cap across one of the pots that was disconnected and a totally "burnt up" resistor too !  it was black so I'll have to guess the value without a schematic.
There must be 30 electro cans in here, thats a lot of work to find out maybe a chip is down !!
Perhaps i should just scavenge parts ( 6 pots couple of op-amps etc ) and use the nice case for another build ??
Will continue with the power cans/diode fix for now, as I dont think this thing is powering up at the moment.
Could be a bit beyond my skills .

I'll search for a schem, so far nothing !
Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

Fret Wire

Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

MartyMart

Quote from: Fret WireShoot em' an email, they may send you a schematic.
http://www.vestax.com/home.php

Thanks !  I'll give it a try.
Marty.